how to befriend guard dogs

Old August 22nd 03, 10:18 PM

Default how to befriend guard dogs

anyone have any experience in this area? if you were passed an angry
neighbours dog every day to work is there a way to make friends with
it ("nice doggy doggy"?)

can you bribe a dog into being your friend? with sausage? is there a
food which dogs find unresistable?

does this technique work with trained guard dogs / fighting dogs too?

Rgds,
Sam
Old August 23rd 03, 01:05 AM
Chris Williams

TENZO!!
Thought I was the only one to do dumb things like that! Works a
treat, doesn't it?

Old August 23rd 03, 01:05 AM
Chris Williams

Old August 23rd 03, 01:25 AM
Tenzo

"Chris Williams" wrote in message
TENZO!!
Thought I was the only one to do dumb things like that! Works a
treat, doesn't it?

Yup. Course if anyone sees you they are likely to haul you off in the
rubber wagon.

Old August 23rd 03, 08:55 AM

i can understand the owner might get angry /suspicious. i had not
particular dog in mind. was just curious about a emergency situation.

regards,
Sam

shelly wrote in message . ..
On 23 Aug 2003 00:19:46 GMT, ojunk (Countdown to
55) wrote:

I've found simple hotdog slices can work spectacularly. Grilled liver pieces
work even better but are messier. Raw meat (as in the B.A.R.F. diet) is also
spectacular but care has to be taken that it won't be staying unrefrigerated
for long before being eaten. Hard to make a dead dog friendly. And then the
owner might indeed become an angry neighbor.

the neighbor might get angry, anyway. feeding other people's dogs
without the owner's consent is a very bad idea. not that my dogs are
the least bit aggressive toward humans, but when i found out my neighbor
was "feeding" them (he thought he was doing them a favor by giving them
bones), i was livid. i monitor what they eat pretty closely and don't
appreciate other people making dietary decisions for me (and that's not
even addressing the issue of potentially serious health issues). i also
would prefer to be informed if my dogs are being brats.

to the OP: if the dog is contained securely within the owner's
property, there's probably not a whole lot you can do. if it's not
contained, you could contact animal control and lodge a complaint. you
could also try talking to the owners. they may not know the dog is
behaving aggressively and may be willing to work on the problem.