My dog likes storms

Old August 27th 03, 01:30 AM
mom2adog

Default My dog likes storms

My golden girl is so weird sometimes. She likes (or at least doesn't
mind) thunder & lightening. Often she wants to go out and sit on the
front porch and watch the storm. We had huge boomers the other night
(really, really loud). She was unfazed and actually laid down and
snoozed for a bit (inside the house as I wouldn't let her out during
that storm).

As for me...I was busy huddling under the bed, shaking like a leaf (just
kidding ... mostly).

--

Mom2aDog
(tail wags dog; news at 11

Old August 27th 03, 05:48 AM
Jag795

My golden girl is so weird sometimes. She likes (or at least doesn't
mind) thunder & lightening. Often she wants to go out and sit on the
front porch and watch the storm. We had huge boomers the other night
(really, really loud). She was unfazed and actually laid down and
snoozed for a bit (inside the house as I wouldn't let her out during
that storm).

As for me...I was busy huddling under the bed, shaking like a leaf (just
kidding ... mostly).

--

Mom2aDog
(tail wags dog; news at 11
http://www.geocities.com/natgold/chloe)

This evening we had some thunderstorms move in. I was busy trying to rotate the
dogs out for potty time before the rains came (we have 4). My Beagle Boy is
very afraid of storms and couldn't wait to get back in after doing his
business, basically hates thunder. My Beagle Girl had to be persuaded back
in...she was sitting there watching the light show! Lots of lightning though it
wasn't raining yet. Now if it WAS raining....she would have been first to have
her little Beagle butt back in the door!

Jan and her crazy dogs :c)
Bo-husky or malamute mix?
Trooper - Beagle Boy
Skeeter - Beagle Girl
Twister - Shiba Inu

Old August 27th 03, 10:58 AM
culprit

"mom2adog" wrote in message
hlink.net...
My golden girl is so weird sometimes. She likes (or at least doesn't
mind) thunder & lightening. Often she wants to go out and sit on the
front porch and watch the storm. We had huge boomers the other night
(really, really loud). She was unfazed and actually laid down and
snoozed for a bit (inside the house as I wouldn't let her out during
that storm).

my dogs sleep through thunder too. it's pretty weird, because they'll freak
out and go into a barking frenzy they hear a door slam on TV, but the
thunder didn't seem to faze them at all.

-kelly

Old August 27th 03, 10:27 PM
Paul

My dogs also sleep through lightening and thunder, just like it's not
there. But turn on the vacuum cleaner and two of the three of them
are outta there!

Paul

Old August 28th 03, 02:50 AM
Eliska

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 00:30:54 GMT, mom2adog wrote:

My golden girl is so weird sometimes. She likes (or at least doesn't
mind) thunder & lightening. Often she wants to go out and sit on the
front porch and watch the storm. We had huge boomers the other night
(really, really loud). She was unfazed and actually laid down and
snoozed for a bit (inside the house as I wouldn't let her out during
that storm).

As for me...I was busy huddling under the bed, shaking like a leaf (just
kidding ... mostly).

My girl doggie squeaks and quakes when she hears thunder. But it amazingly vanishes when
she thinks she's going to get a milky bone!!!
The food distraction technique works every time : )

Eliska

http://www.ArtChiK.com

Portraits of Pets and People
Caricature Entertainment

Shi Likes Pumpkin! Suja Dog behavior 3 July 29th 03 03:11 AM
Storms Freaking out Retriever Cary D. Beuershausen Dog behavior 10 July 24th 03 04:26 AM