Sad News... now ?? for Chris Jung

Old August 28th 03, 11:23 PM
Dimpled Chad

On 28 Aug 2003, Manadero opined:

Of couse, that should be *mind*

What's a couse? *smile*

ducking and running

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

Nietzsche thought he was the Antichrist or Dionysus,
but that was after the syphilis crossed the
blood-brain barrier.

Old August 31st 03, 11:38 AM
Chris Jung

From: "Chris Jung"

snip We are now waiting for Pablo's sister, Flurry, to come into heat.

Oh, how exciting!

She's had one previous litter (two show dogs out of that litter - one is a
champion and one majored pointed, and nearly finished) and was expected to
come into heat in March. Flurry, however, is taking her sweet time about it.
Either she skipped the heat or had a silent one that was missed. There are 5
impatient people on the waiting list. Maybe I need to make a sacrifice to
the "Getting Demure Collie Girls into the Mood God".

We don't care what color, however if she's a blue merle,
I prefer brown eyes (blue eyes in blue merle collies are acceptable but

they
can look odd).

LOL In Aussies *everyone* wants blue eyed blue merles. Myself, I like the

odd
eyed look, I have six of them (including both my BCs).

Yeah, I hear everyone wants blue eyes in Sibe-land as well. I knew a Sibe
breeder when I lived in State College, PA who told me that, in terms of
pets, it was easy to place blue eyed Sibes, than brown eyed but the odd eyed
were often a hard sell.

We were having a discussion about blue eyes on Collie-L and many folks hate
blue eyes in collies with a passion. Dark brown eyes are much favored, even
in blue merles. Most feel brown eyes give a much sweeter expression and you
know how big collie-ologists are about expression. ;-) Because of years of
selecting for dark eyes in blue merle collies, collies with two blue eyes
are somewhat rare. More often blue merle collies tend to have either very
dark blue eyes, swirled mix of brown/blue (I think that's called china eyes,
right?), or just one blue eye. A blue merle with two blue eyes can finish
but he/she has to be superior in all ways.

Good luck on the puppy, I can't wait to hear all about her! I *love*

Collies,
but the coat is a little much for me. A Smoothie would definitely be my
preference should I ever indulge..

Now that we have made our decision to get a puppy, we are very anxious. We
want her now! We'll just have to be patient - good things come to those who
wait and all that. Soren, my five year old, has said that we should get one
pup for him and the second one for Pablo which he can share with the rest of
us. Ha! - dream on kid.

As an aside, I'm excited that Soren has really turned on to animals, until
last spring his mind revolved around construction equipment, Ninja Turtles
and trains. He got to hold a chick when we were at the State Fair on
Friday. It fell asleep in his cupped hand and he held it for about 15
minutes because he didn't want to disturb it's nap. I made him hand it back
when I saw his arms were getting cramped. He named it "Chick-Boy" (all good
things are boys to him - when I do good, I get to be an honorary boy). He's
now campaigning hard for a pony. He got to do the pony ride at the fair and
spent some time petting "his" pony named Mike. My family has a strong
tradition of being animal lovers (my grandpa was a farmer in Iowa and I
remember how affectionate & considerate he was to all his animals even the
ones destined for the table). I would be thrilled if Soren would want to do
4-H or help me show our new pup but it's just so nice to see how gentle he
is with all sorts of critters.

Chris, Soren, and their smoothies,
Zeffie and Pablo

Old August 31st 03, 11:38 AM
Chris Jung

Old August 31st 03, 06:17 PM
Manadero

From: "Chris Jung"

Maybe I need to make a sacrifice to
the "Getting Demure Collie Girls into the Mood God".

Eh, me too, our last planned litter missed.. she should be back in late Sept.
We have asked that they do a sperm count as the sire to be isn't a spring
chicken (10 years)

Most feel brown eyes give a much sweeter expression and you
know how big collie-ologists are about expression. ;-)

LOL, I know, I dread having "collie" judges, we always have to remind them that
Aussies don't work on their heads G

That said, I honestly agree with the school of thought that brown eyes are more
expressive. If you aren't used to them, the blue/merled eyes can be a hard
read. Hannah has merled eyes, inside half of one is blue/bottom half of the
other and non Aussie people always want to know what happened to her and if
she's blind

As an aside, I'm excited that Soren has really turned on to animals, until
last spring his mind revolved around construction equipment, Ninja Turtles
and trains.

I consider myself very lucky in this regards. Gray doesn't really show the
passion (though he does love animals) but Zach is as bad as I ever was, if not
worse. I have to say it's a blast to see him so excited about *everything* to
do with animals. Right now, he's very interested in breeds, and if he sees a
new one, it always sparks a discussion. He's not been to an all breed show yet
(I *do* worry, even with reminding, that he would be so overwhelmed at the
sight of something "fun" that he'd forget and reach) but he *loves* ASCA shows
and really enjoys showing in pee wee juniors. Piper is his "show" dog and she
has the patience of Job where he is concerned At one of his first shows (he
was three, I think) he in short order tied her to a very flimsy ring barrier so
that he could help Gray with his dog. Pi's never been tied to anything, but to
her credit, she stood there like a pro, waiting to be released G That day,
the judge handed him the trophy and attached the ribbon to the dog, citing her
"most co-operative dog in show"

He named it "Chick-Boy" (all good
things are boys to him - when I do good, I get to be an honorary boy).

That's so cute Zach and Gray want a little sister, so he prefers the
girls.. "my girl" this and "my girl" that.

I would be thrilled if Soren would want to do
4-H or help me show our new pup but it's just so nice to see how gentle he
is with all sorts of critters.

I agree. We don't do 4-H but I really like that ASCA offers pee wee juniors
(every child/dog team receives an award and a first place rosette) because it's
a great way to involve the little ones.

Robin
Old August 31st 03, 06:17 PM
Manadero