Now, that was Quick! (Was NADAC reg. #)

Old August 31st 03, 06:21 PM
Shelly & The Boys

Default Now, that was Quick! (Was NADAC reg. #)

Okay...I received Coda's NADAC number in my email box this a.m.
Will I need to provide proof at the trial, or, will the number listed
on his entry card be enough for now?
The reason I ask this is because on the premium, it specifically
states:
"Dogs must be registered and have a valid registration number before
entries will be accepted. Pending numbers are no longer accepted."
Now...would his number that we received (but haven't mailed in
a payment yet, but will send it in the mail tomorrow) be considered
a "valid registration number"?
Also...he doesn't have
a height card (obviously), so we'll have to do that as well.
I've been through some of the stuff that happens at trials, but
I want to make sure to have stuff like this all in order before we
go.
Shelly & The Boys

--
http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosnan/BSD.html

Old August 31st 03, 08:29 PM
Shelly & The Boys

"Melanie L Chang" wrote in message
Shelly & The Boys ) wrote:
: Okay...I received Coda's NADAC number in my email box this a.m.
: Will I need to provide proof at the trial, or, will the number listed
: on his entry card be enough for now?

Did you send the entry in already? If you put the number down on the
entry, then they'll be able to cross-check it with NADAC. I have never
been asked for Solo's card at the piddly handful of trials we've been to.

No, not yet (since 1) the mail doesn't go out until tomorrow and 2)
I'm still thinking it over). I think we may wait for the trial the weekend
after the one I was originally thinking of. It's rumored to not be
quite as full, and it will give us time to head to a drop-in class or
two before making a final decision. I've been lazy w/ him, because
of his hip (started bothering him late last fall, and we stopped going
to formal classes--just jumping, weaves & basic contact stuff at
home). Since then, we went to a really loosely designed fun-match
course, and he surprised me. He's no speed demon (hence
my hesitation to enter him in tunnelers, even though he loves them),
but he listens & pays attention to me very well. shrug I feel
like I've been leaving him out (w/ working a lot w/ Bodhi) and want
to involve him. I should just hold on, we start a pet assisted therapy
workshop/certification in October, maybe that will satisfy my want
to do something.

: Also...he doesn't have
: a height card (obviously), so we'll have to do that as well.

How tall is he? If he's in the tallest height class, as Solo is, he
won't have to be measured and won't need a height card. Solo is just
over 22" at the shoulders.

He's tall, 24" at least, close to 25".
Shelly & The Boys

Old August 31st 03, 10:32 PM
Shelly & The Boys

Shelly & The Boys ) wrote:

: He's tall, 24" at least, close to 25".

So, you can put him in either 20+ or 24 and you don't need to have a
height card. The height card is, I think, only for people who want to run
their dogs in a lower height class (which all other things being equal is
an advantage), so they have to "prove" that their dog can be in that
class. I think if you had a short dog and for some reason you wanted to
run him in 20+ or 24, you also would not have to be measured because the
attitude is, "be my guest!"

True, that's a good point. I just wasn't sure if they had the requirement
and enforced it across the board (just so the little dog people don't
say, "Hey, that dog was never measured!").
I would definitely jump him in the 20+ class, just because of his hip.
He likes to jump, and doing so doesn't seem to affect him the way
the A-Frame does (and teeter, to a lesser extent). If there were
*so* many weaves in weavers, I'd consider entering in that as well
because he *likes* weaves. He's not fast, but he doesn't make
many mistakes (or either 6's or 12's). It's not like we're going to
be heavy contenders for anything, but I'd just like to try running
a dog in actual competition. Especially before Bodhi gets old
enough, then at least I would have a *little bit* of experience.
Shelly & The Boys

Old September 1st 03, 01:42 AM
Sionnach

: He's tall, 24" at least, close to 25".

So, you can put him in either 20+ or 24 and you don't need to have a
height card.

Right. The 20" and 20+ dogs don't have to be measured, so they don't need
height cards. (There is no 24" class, really- you have 20+ dogs jumping 20",
and 20+ dogs jumping 24". Some clubs put all the 20+ dogs together for
placeements.)

The height card is, I think, only for people who want to run
their dogs in a lower height class (which all other things being equal is
an advantage), so they have to "prove" that their dog can be in that
class.

Well, sort of. Until a couple of years ago, ALL the dogs in the 16", 12",
and 8" classes had to be measured at every trial, which was a pain in the
butt, and slows check-in time way down. So now, dogs over 2 can get
permanent height cards after being measured by three different "offical
measuring judge". Problem is, not every trial has a measuring judge, and
even when one of the judges or supervisors is an official measurer,
sometimes they don't have time to do it.

--
Sarah
Brenin, CGC, AD, O-EAC-V, O-EJC-V, EGC

we can be seen at: http://photos.yahoo.com/amberdogs1