How to get a dog and cat friendly with each other?

Old September 1st 03, 02:04 PM
Ctgwen

Default How to get a dog and cat friendly with each other?

I have a 10mo mini dachshund (I know, badger dog - probably doesnt' help!) that
finds great joy in hunting down our cat adn barking endlessly at it until she
is removed which I do asap. The cat has taken a couple ofswats which I thought
would handle it. Unfortunately now the boxer who originally had no problem or
reaction to the cat joins in the bark fest. None of these dogs or the cat are
going anywhere (they're all young and we love them). Do we just wait it out or
is there soem way we can work on getting them to get along? Or at least to get
the dogs to lay off. The cat really has no problem with dogs if they aren't
bothering her. Our other dog and he get along fine and can even sleep in the
same bed together!

Thanks -
Gwen
Old September 4th 03, 01:45 AM
montana

"Pat" wrote:

Ok who are you calling Liars...dog abusers and certified mental patience
then?
I take it you mean all of us?
Pat.

snip

Pat, please try not to cross post and also please try to snip out
whatever you are not directly replying to. Many people have Jerry Howe
killfiled and don't appreciate being forced to read what he has to say.
There is also a tradition of putting [Ninnyboy] in the subject when
replying to him.

And yes, almost all of "us" are to be considered liars, thugs and
abusers.