The Future Is Now?

Old September 2nd 03, 06:42 PM
Leah

Default The Future Is Now?

(Melinda Shore) wrote:
My top priority is making sure that my dogs are safe while
I'm gone.

Yes, and safety is my top priority, too.

But I know there's a market for boarding in a home environment. A huge one.

I'm thinking I'll have to have several set-ups. Some dogs will have to be kept
by themselves, and others will be able to have supervised play-time. A few
(students I know well) may be able to live in the house like my dogs, and even
sleep with us. And I wouldn't trust an employee to be the supervisor until I
had observed him/her to be competent.

I'd actually rather not board, because of all the grunt work and time involved.
But to make a living as a trainer, I'll have to be flexible. Training classes
trickle down in the summer and around holidays, and that's when boarding would
be the most profitable. Not to mention that it takes years to develop enough
of a following to get full training classes.

I know the key to a successful business is diversity. :}

PetsMart Pet Trainer
My Kids, My Students, My Life:
http://hometown.aol.com/dfrntdrums/m...age/index.html
Last updated June 27 at 10:00 a.m.