Rain Rain Go Away

Old September 2nd 03, 07:22 PM
Suja

Default Rain Rain Go Away

shelly wrote:
the rain is supposed to last until tomorrow. happy happy joy
joy! so, does anyone have any other ideas for indoor
entertainment? (yeah, i know i should just *make* her go out
in it, but since it was actually storming much of the time,
that wasn't a good idea.)

If you leash her up to you and go out for a walk, she'll put up with it,
won't she? Maybe little princess would deal with it better if you held
an umbrella over her so she won't melt. The only other thing I can
think of is to take them on car rides. Gets them out of the house at
least. I know you live out in the boonies, but if the ride can
terminate in a pets allowed store of some sort, they can go walk around
in some new place and it will break the monotony.

Suja

Old September 2nd 03, 08:30 PM

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Suja wrote:

If you leash her up to you and go out for a walk, she'll put
up with it, won't she?

yep, she would, though she's pitiful about it (whines the
whole time). the bigger problem is that it's been actively
storming, so it's not really safe to go walkies.

Maybe little princess would deal with it better if you held
an umbrella over her so she won't melt.

yes, though i'd rather get her a slicker, since i'm not an
umbrella user. they're a major PITA.

The only other thing I can think of is to take them on car
rides. Gets them out of the house at least. I know you live
out in the boonies, but if the ride can terminate in a pets
allowed store of some sort, they can go walk around in some
new place and it will break the monotony.

that is an *excellent* idea! thanks! car rides, even if
they're just a quick trip to the small town, are *always* a
treat.

--
shelly (perfectly foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette

Old September 2nd 03, 09:02 PM

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Debbie the Underdogged wrote:

and it hasn't rained once since they put in the new plants!
I don't want to see what my water bill's going to be for the
last month.

i can relate. until the deluge, we were getting pretty
parched. relief was nice, but not *this* much relief. most
of the area got 6-8" of rain yesterday alone!

Hope Harriet can eventually adjust.

thanks. this, too, shall pass, i'm sure G.

Old September 2nd 03, 11:33 PM
culprit

"shelly" wrote in message
arble.net...
all she wanted to do was whine about
how bored she was ("i wanna *something*). this takes the form
of her going to the door, looking pointedly at me, then
woo-wooing when i ignore her

she sounds just like Lola. though Lola has recently started coming over to
me on the computer and nosing my mouse hand, then dashing off and sitting in
front of the door, whining.

the rain is supposed to last until tomorrow. happy happy joy
joy! so, does anyone have any other ideas for indoor
entertainment? (yeah, i know i should just *make* her go out
in it, but since it was actually storming much of the time,
that wasn't a good idea.)

have any over the top chewies? maybe a stuffed Kong hidden away? or maybe
one of those toys that dispenses dog food? i don't know how food motivated
she is, Lola would ignore all of these if she wanted out, but Manu would
forget all about his other needs for anything chewy.

-kelly

Old September 3rd 03, 03:26 PM

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, culprit wrote:

she sounds just like Lola. though Lola has recently started
coming over to me on the computer and nosing my mouse hand,
then dashing off and sitting in front of the door, whining.

that's harriet. she's pretty adamant about asking for
attention or food. if i ignore her, she starts woo-wooing and
kidney beaning at me. i've taken to telling her to go to her
crate, then when she settles, i feed/play with her. the other
day, when it got to be about dinner time, i noticed she'd gone
to her crate instead of bugging me for crunchings and
munchings. good girl!

have any over the top chewies? maybe a stuffed Kong hidden
away?

yep. they had stuffed Kongs (PB and kibble), new bones, and i
pulled out a new woobie for harriet.

or maybe one of those toys that dispenses dog food?

ha! you know what those are good for? you make the boy dog
bop them around, then you follow him and hoover up all the
kibble bits. that doesn't take long, because the boy dog is
*very* efficient at de-kibbling a Buster Cube.

i don't know how food motivated she is, Lola would ignore all
of these if she wanted out, but Manu would forget all about
his other needs for anything chewy.

she's pretty food motivated.

the rain was gone by last night (supposed to actually see the
sun today!), so i was able to run them pretty well. harriet
also made up a new game. as i was watching Big Brother, she
decided to grab her tennis ball and *gallop* through the house
with it stuffed in her mouth. the funny part was that she
used elliott for a jump. boing, gallop, boing, gallop, boing,
gallop. i about laughed my ass off! she had the most
hilarious, crazed look in her eyes, like she was on crack.
every once in awhile, she'd stop, look at me, and kidney bean
herself into a donut, then start running/jumping all over
again. i was so busy watching the dogs, i ended up missing
who got put up for nominations.