I must be loosing it...

Old September 3rd 03, 11:45 AM
Jonathan

Default I must be loosing it...

I was out sorting out some moss on the lawn the other day (OK- so very
English, I know...), and young H was snuffling about watching.
So I showed him that I was pulling out the mossy stuff as it was horrid, and
we threw some in the air. After killing a bit, he got a wrinkly forehead &
sat & watched for a bit.
I got bored fairly quickly & wondered off to make a coffee, amble about,
etc., and forgot about the lawn.

I don't know how much later, but I ambled back outside for a smoke- and all
the moss in the lawn had been carefully dug up (leaving the grass!) and was
strewn about in piles where it had landed...

double take... Jon walks about gob-smaked.....

I'm truly amazed- although I suppose that it may be 'normal'- he saw what I
was doing, we made it into a game, so he carried on playing when I left?

Old September 3rd 03, 02:58 PM
HarCo Industries

"Jonathan" wrote in message ...
I was out sorting out some moss on the lawn the other day (OK- so very
English, I know...), and young H was snuffling about watching.
So I showed him that I was pulling out the mossy stuff as it was horrid, and
we threw some in the air. After killing a bit, he got a wrinkly forehead &
sat & watched for a bit.
I got bored fairly quickly & wondered off to make a coffee, amble about,
etc., and forgot about the lawn.

I don't know how much later, but I ambled back outside for a smoke- and all
the moss in the lawn had been carefully dug up (leaving the grass!) and was
strewn about in piles where it had landed...

double take... Jon walks about gob-smaked.....

I'm truly amazed- although I suppose that it may be 'normal'- he saw what I
was doing, we made it into a game, so he carried on playing when I left?

Pretty cool.

You know, Harlan's been on the look-out for a sharp young dog to head
up HarCo's new Landscaping Division.

--Terri & Harlan (How is young H at handling laser canons?)

Old September 3rd 03, 03:26 PM
Sionnach

what kind of dog is H?

A Jack Russell, of course. ;-)

Old September 3rd 03, 03:26 PM
Sionnach

what kind of dog is H?

A Jack Russell, of course. ;-)

Old September 3rd 03, 04:13 PM
Alison

"Jonathan" wrote in message

I was out sorting out some moss on the lawn the other day (OK- so

very
English, I know...),

Hi Jonathon,
If you fence the front garden (yard) then you really *would* be
English .
tsk tsk , moss on your lawn . LOL
Alison

Old September 3rd 03, 04:56 PM
Jonathan

what kind of dog is H?

A Jack Russell, of course. ;-)

That's the fella.

Seems to alternate between blindingly intelligent and stone dumb- often
knows what you want 'im to do, but the big thing is to make sure that he
'wants' to do it. All the dogs I have had before have always wanted to
'please'-- he is more of a 'uhm, yeh, Ill do that, but whats in it for me'
sort of a creature. But hes getting really good now though!
(And is presently wrestling my feet as I type this!)