How To Chose a Breeder

Old November 30th 03, 03:40 PM
C. L.

Default How To Chose a Breeder

I'll be researching Rhodesian Ridgeback breeders in the near future. The
problem is, I've never gotten a dog as a puppy, let alone a purebred from a
reputable breeder. What sort of things do you look into when choosing
breeders? How to you tell if Breeder A is better than Breeder B? Breeder
basics is what I'm after. TIA

Old November 30th 03, 05:08 PM
Diana

"C. L." wrote in message
I'll be researching Rhodesian Ridgeback breeders in the near future. The
problem is, I've never gotten a dog as a puppy, let alone a purebred from

reputable breeder. What sort of things do you look into when choosing
breeders? How to you tell if Breeder A is better than Breeder B? Breeder
basics is what I'm after. TIA

I joined a breed specific list while researching my breed ~ there were a
number of breeders on the list, but by spending time discussing 'dog stuff'
with different members on the list I got a good feel for which breeders
would be better for the kind of dog we were looking for. I couldn't be
happier with my pup, so it worked well for us.

Diana

Old November 30th 03, 06:52 PM
EGD

"C. L." wrote in message
I'll be researching Rhodesian Ridgeback breeders in the near future. The
problem is, I've never gotten a dog as a puppy, let alone a purebred from

reputable breeder. What sort of things do you look into when choosing
breeders? How to you tell if Breeder A is better than Breeder B? Breeder
basics is what I'm after. TIA

You might find this site offers some useful comparisons.
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Fair/1901/chart.html
EGD

Old December 1st 03, 03:43 PM
Suja

C. L. wrote:
I'll be researching Rhodesian Ridgeback breeders in the near future. The
problem is, I've never gotten a dog as a puppy, let alone a purebred from a
reputable breeder. What sort of things do you look into when choosing
breeders? How to you tell if Breeder A is better than Breeder B? Breeder
basics is what I'm after. TIA

Good for you for doing the legwork first. The most comprehensive site I
know for this sort of information is
http://www.dog-play.com/ethics.html, courtesy of Diane B.

Suja

Old December 1st 03, 04:33 PM
Bichon.ca

Go to a reputable site such as http://www.akc.org/ or
http://www.ckc.ca/ all others are just copying from these sites and/or
are just the opinions of the author of the site. Ignore them and use
reputable web sites only for your research!

Good luck.

http://Bichon.ca/

Old December 2nd 03, 04:36 AM
Lynn K.

Bichon.ca wrote in message . ..
Go to a reputable site such as http://www.akc.org/ or
http://www.ckc.ca/ all others are just copying from these sites and/or
are just the opinions of the author of the site. Ignore them and use
reputable web sites only for your research!

Did you even look at the sites that were recommended? I've got to
doubt it because you comments certainly don't apply, such as in the
collected Code of Breeder Ethics agreements at the dog-play.com site.
I can't think of any better source of real help for someone about to
buy their first well-bred pup.

Lynn K.
Old December 2nd 03, 01:44 PM

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Lynn K. wrote:

Did you even look at the sites that were recommended? I've
got to doubt it because you comments certainly don't apply,
such as in the collected Code of Breeder Ethics agreements at
the dog-play.com site. I can't think of any better source of
real help for someone about to buy their first well-bred pup.

yep! it's not surprising that Bichon.ca (the lowest order of
BYB) would be directing people away from Diane's website,
though. s/he has a vested interest in preserving the
ignorance of future customers, dontchaknow.

--
shelly (perfectly foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette
Old December 3rd 03, 03:32 AM
Bichon.ca

I have no idea what you are talking about. What sites?
http://www.akc.org/ http://www.ckc.ca/ are reputable sites period.
You will get solid information with out some person's opinion added
in. Some joe blows site has nothing to do with what i posted to the
person asking the question. How rude of you to make assumptions about
me. To many childish people here doing that now.

http://Bichon.ca/

Old December 3rd 03, 01:15 PM

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Bichon.ca wrote:

I have no idea what you are talking about. What sites?
http://www.akc.org/ http://www.ckc.ca/ are reputable sites
period. You will get solid information with out some person's
opinion added in. Some joe blows site has nothing to do with
what i posted to the person asking the question.

Diane's website (http://www.dog-play.com/) is chock-a-block
with good, solid information on all things dog, including
information on what to look for in a responsible breeder.

How rude of you to make assumptions about me. To many
childish people here doing that now.

no need to assume anything about you, as it's all archived by
Google. HTH!

--
shelly (perfectly foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette

Irish Setters for Sale Traditional Irish Setters Dog breeds 1 October 22nd 03 09:09 PM
Offended a Breeder Tara O. Dog breeds 50 August 19th 03 08:31 PM
portugese Water dogs info Anthony Dog breeds 2 July 19th 03 12:48 AM
Breeder Fees: What's Resonable/Ethical? Andrea Dog breeds 11 July 12th 03 08:29 AM