The Future Is Now?

Old September 2nd 03, 11:35 PM
Kind2dogs

Default The Future Is Now?

Subject: The Future Is Now?
From: ospam (Manadero)
Date: Tue, Sep 2, 2003 5:32 PM
From:
(Kind2dogs)

NOW is not the time if you don't have your ducks in a row. ; )

Yes, that's very true. I am going to do grooming and boarding for a *limited*
clientle when we move (and I forsee the only problem being keeping the

business
"under control", because I *don't* want to be covered up)

What do you mean by this Robin? Covered Up?

I've looked for
this
property for over two years (and it's *not* in the middle of nowhere - people
want convenience). One of the reasons we ended up with less land than I
wanted
originally, because to draw desirable clientle, you have to be *near*

desirable
clientle. Out in the boondocks *isn't* that.

Now where are you anyway? Sorry I forgot.

Janet is right, the clients
you
*want* would *never* pay a newbie to dogs to leave their pups out in the
middle
of nowhere while she runs off to Petsmart 8 hours a day.

No.

The ones that
would?
Well, those are the clients I'd just rather not have... thankyouverymuch.

There are a lot of things to think of. You have to make sure the dogs that come
have all their shots and that your place is immaculate, so YOUR dogs will not
get any diseases too!

Yes and what does THAT say about the place or person that hired her,if

this
is
true?

PetsMart. McTraining. About the same comparison between your family's
restaurant and the one that's served a billion Big Macs - blech.

I dunno what is happening in this world.

It seems the older I get the less competent help is.

Must be I am getting VERY VERY OLD.

It's also true that word of mouth and a good reputation is important.

YES!

SO SO TRUE!

Visiting
at the showgrounds last Sunday (I've been very busy and not showing right
now)
I had *many* requests for cards (that aren't printed yet because we haven't
yet
moved) But that's because I've been in the dog community forever

Yup.

(or so
it
seems, I'm really not that old, am I?) and people know that I know what
the
hell I'm doing.

Yes. If you lived in the New England area I definitely could send some people
your way.

I am asked all the time for kennels and grooming places that I would recommend

In theory, it's a good opportunity, IF Leah had the physical strength (hard
work!)

HARD WORK.

Like I said, when you own your own business YOU are the one that has to make
sure you are OPEN ,that everything is DONE CORRECTLY, and find the best help
you can when you want to be on vacation or cannot be working.

In fact that is one of the hardest things I have found. Help that is
dependable.

I did the shelter thing here for a long time, and even with some good
volunteers I was the one that had to fix everything and be there when someone
came up short, and with lots of excuses.

Too tired, sick, company came...

So many Christmas mornings, and Thanksgiving Dinners i spent at the pound.

BUT you know what? I loved it and I managed to keep my family happy to,as they
needed attention just as much as the rescue guys.

However I don't think I can or want to do it anymore. All day morning thru
night...

When you get 50 even though you are active your bones and stamina are not what
they were when you were 30.

I found this out these past few weeks as mucho partying here till 4 in the
morning, took its toll a bit on me.

and the experience/knowledge to do such a thing. My opinion is that
the
"future" is best left in the "future", at least until she has a solid base
under her. Which is, at the rate she's going, about a decade away.

Robin

I am one to always have *tuxes* in case something should go wrong.

And things can and do go wrong in your own business.

Lots of people have ideas but they never go the distance.

I have been doing eBay a lot to help support my rescue, and everyone just sees
the *EASY Money* I make.

I tell them it is not so easy, but they don't listen.

They think they can make oodles on eBay and then find out it is hard work, and
then they drop out.

Much luck to you Robin in your new endeavour.

I know it will be a success.

Woofs

Paulette~