Instead of...

Old September 6th 03, 03:46 PM
Nessa

Default Instead of...

Instead of dropping the dogs off at the SPCA today as turn ins I got them
new collars from Janet and re-enrolled Hannah in basic obedience class. I
also took a refresher class with Bagel. He wasn't the BEST dog in the class
but he wasn't the WORST either. Right now the poor guy is EXHAUSTED and
snorning on the floor.

My dogs are good dogs. I am a bad dog mommy. I admit it. I've been slack
and lax and also very preoccupied. Hopefully we will all come through this
ok.

We still have the behavioral problems with Bagel (he's just so STUBBORN when
he wants to be) and Hannah is going through that "I'm 18 months old I'm not
doing NUTHIN you say" stage.

And of course, Janet informed me (correctly I might add) that the dogs are
FAT. Not overweight, not heavy they are FAT. And they are. Like I said,
I've been a BAD dog mommy.

I'm gonna try to do better by my sweet dogs. They deserve it.

Nessa
--
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies
www.nessa.info

Old September 6th 03, 04:19 PM
Kind2dogs

Subject: Instead of...
From: Nessa
Date: Sat, Sep 6, 2003 10:46 AM

Instead of dropping the dogs off at the SPCA today as turn ins I got them

new collars from Janet and re-enrolled Hannah in basic obedience class.
also took a refresher class with Bagel.

WHAT?????
Nessa, I do not understand, and am VERY CONFUSED.

Last we *spoke* in depth,(on Tuesday night, after emailing back and forth lots
of thoughts and tips to help you, Hannah and Bagel)you said you would bring
them up here, if after much consideration and me and helping you ,you still
thought you could not deal with it.

While am very glad that you are trying to go the distance I am dismayed,at
your change of course, *just like that*, as I have spent the last few days
lining up Bagel and Hannah to come here.

No time whatsoever did you tell me that you would drop them off down there
instead of bringing them up here.

I feel I spent a lot of time with you trying to help.
So I have to say, I am dismayed.

I don't have the time or space,or money to say I will accept a dog,(with no
donation as you said you have a hardship) deny other dogs coming here,spending
time with the person that is asking for HELP NOW, that they cannot keep their
dogs, and then *just like that* read it here that "Instead of dropping the dogs
off at the SPCA today"

Geeshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

[...]

Well hopefully things will work out.

I'm done though

Paulette
Who really does get bugged when it seems you are talking to a brick wall.

Old September 6th 03, 04:19 PM
Kind2dogs

Old September 6th 03, 04:31 PM
Nessa

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 11:19:01 -0400, Kind2dogs wrote
(in message ):

From: Nessa
Date: Sat, Sep 6, 2003 10:46 AM

[...]

Paulette,

I never would have dropped them off like that without talking to you.

I thought as we left it you understood i was very conflicted about this.

I am sorry if we had a misunderstanding. I was under the impression that
until I had sent you the papers you would not be taking unnessary action.

Our emails seemed to imply that YOU wanted to help me keep the dogs as well.

If I missunderstood and you didn't want to try that and were just suggesting
it to placate me then I'm sorry.

I do love my dogs very much and didn't WANT to get rid of them.

If it's any comfort for you (and I doubt that it will be) your emails are
what made me see that I don't WANT to give them up that I WANT to keep them
and work with them and be a better dog mom.

I should have let you know privately but I didn't know if you were back yet
from your trip.

Sorry again.

Nessa
--
Sorry I missed church, I was busy learning witchcraft and practicing becoming
a lesbian.

Old September 6th 03, 04:31 PM
Nessa

Old September 6th 03, 04:34 PM
Tricia9999

Well hopefully things will work out.

I'm done though

Paulette

Wow, that's a shame Paulette. It's situations like this that tend to make
people hesitant to step up and help the next time. I'm sure you spent a lot of
time and effort on this.

Old September 6th 03, 06:47 PM
Kind2dogs

From: Handsome Jack Morrison

Date: Sat, Sep 6, 2003 12:55 PM
On 06 Sep 2003 15:34:39 GMT,
(Tricia9999) wrote:

Well hopefully things will work out.

I'm done though

Paulette

Wow, that's a shame Paulette. It's situations like this that tend to make
people hesitant to step up and help the next time. I'm sure you spent a

lot of
time and effort on this.

Hi Jack~

Come on guys. Let's not turn this into another public bash session.

If that is how it appears, it was not my intention.

Paulette is perhaps a victim of her own success here. She was
apparently *very* convincing with Nessa (no surprise there! ); so
convincing, in fact, that Nessa actually had a change of heart, which,
in my opinion, is a *good* thing, especially for Nessa's dogs.

Of course that is.

What flabbergasted me was the *instead of* post, as I thought it was either
trying to work things out or bringing the dogs to me.

And Janet probably had a hand in this change-of-heart, too.

Didn't Janet have something to do with Nessa and the adoptions?

I would have thought that she and Janet would have talked about Nessa needing
help and or support.

It's just something that happens sometimes, and yes, it can be very
frustrating when it does, especially if we've already invested our
time (maybe even our money) in offering/planning to help a person out.

I am VERY happy that Nessa and Bagel And Hannah are going to strive to stay a
threesome, so the time spent in organizing them to come to me is more than
worth it, IF they can all work out a lifestyle together for sure,

If my posts seem like I would rather have taken the dogs then let Nessa keep
her dogs, NOT TRUE whatsoever.

It is true however that NOW was the time I had the space for them, and after
speaking with Nessa , and all her problems that she felt was going on there
with the three of them, perhaps it was in the dogs bests interest to bring them
North .

Anyway all is a moot point now as they are going to stay down there, and
hopefully this time will be the last time Nessa feels the need to have to give
them up. : )

But if everyone would just step back a bit here, and look at it from
the perspective of Nessa's *DOGS,* at least for the time being,

Yes but that to me is the problem

*at least for the time being*

this
should be taken as very *good* news, not bad.

People have a right to change their minds, especially women.

Guess so but I am one that doesn't. I must have a lot of MALE hormones. ; )

Paulette is much too caring of a person to allow this situation to
affect her for very long.

I do not have a problem with Nessa keeping her dogs, I do have problems with
*floundering*

However that is me, and my problem

And Nessa hopefully won't be changing her
mind again anytime soon. Right, Nessa?

So, IMO, we should all just move on.

Yup and that is why I am going to do and also with that sending good thoughts
to Nessa and her pups!

This story had a *good* ending. Let's not spoil it.

Hope so.

Paulette~

--
Handsome Jack Morrison
*gently remove the detonator to reply via e-mail

Old September 6th 03, 06:47 PM
Kind2dogs