changing defecation habit?

Old September 8th 03, 09:34 PM
Tara O.

Default changing defecation habit?

"Frank Riley" wrote in message
. ..
I've got a 10 month old Boston Terrier. She has somehow got in the habit

of
needing to defecate sometime after I leave for work in the morning. I
usually leave for work around 8-9AM, and pretty much every night I come
home to feces on my floor (at least she does it on the vinyl!). I let her
out every morning before I leave for work, but she apparently just doesn't
need to go at that time. How can I get her to defecate when I let her out
before I leave? I'm tired of cleaning it up!

Watch her and time how long it takes her to defecate after eating. If you
are feeding her in the morning then I don't think you'll find a solution to
your problem short of either feeding her much earlier or not doing an am
feeding. If you're only feeding her in the evenings, and she is pooping the
next day then try feeding her in the mornings with only a snack in the
evenings to reverse the times on her.

When I used to work outside my house full-time, I didn't feed in the morning
because the dogs would be crated while I was at work. Now they don't want
to eat in the morning anyway due to habit. One dog will poop the next
morning (about 12 hours from the time she ate) and one will do so the next
afternoon, about 18-20 hours after she ate.

--
Tara