TPW troll posts.

Old September 9th 03, 02:53 PM
Sionnach

Yup that is what I am saying.

I should think it would be especially true in the case of Chessies, whose
respect one generally has to *earn*.

Old September 9th 03, 02:53 PM
Sionnach

Old September 9th 03, 03:27 PM
Kind2dogs

I should think it would be especially true in the case of Chessies, whose
respect one generally has to *earn*.

I am a great negotiator. : )

Honestly though to me I really do love the big nasty male ones that come to
me with a puffed chest, strutting and roaring,with muzzle on and prozac in.

They really do come around with good cookin,lovin,respect and kindness.

Paulette~

Old September 9th 03, 04:06 PM

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Sionnach wrote:

I should think it would be especially true in the case of
Chessies, whose respect one generally has to *earn*.

why? i'm really interested in why working for treats, food,
etc. particularly bad for Chessies. seems counterintuitive to
me.

--
shelly (perfectly foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette

Old September 9th 03, 05:28 PM
Suja

Kind2dogs wrote:
I am of the belief for me and my dogs the way to go is just show them what you
want.

How do you do that? What do you do if there is a violation of protocol?
I am interested because like I said, Izzy is on modified NILIF, and
most likely will have to stay on it for the foreseeable future. She's a
pit mix, about 2 years old, adopted when she was about 9 months old,
stayed in the crate practically 24/7 before she found her new home, has
serious possession issues, behaves horrendously if she is allowed any
freedoms, does the same when her mom gets sick (she has pretty serious
health problems), etc.

I also love to give attention and do not want them to have to do tricks for me
to give them a kiss.

Attention on demand leads to atrocious behavior, including, but not
limited to demanding attention (barking, pawing), getting an inflated
sense of self (it's mine, mine, all mine, and I'll use my teeth to keep
it), being overly protective, etc. I'm interpreting this, but the way
she sees it, it's a chink in the armor.

Suja

Old September 9th 03, 05:47 PM
Kind2dogs

Subject: TPW troll posts.
From: Suja
Date: Tue, Sep 9, 2003 12:28 PM

Kind2dogs wrote:
I am of the belief for me and my dogs the way to go is just show them

what you
want.

How do you do that? What do you do if there is a violation of protocol?

Hi Suja~

If there is a *violation of protocol*

What protocol?

Like I said I probably am a doormat .

No really they are use to being with me all the time and going everywhere so
they get to know how to act.

I am interested because like I said, Izzy is on modified NILIF, and
most likely will have to stay on it for the foreseeable future. She's a

pit mix, about 2 years old, adopted when she was about 9 months old,
stayed in the crate practically 24/7 before she found her new home, has

serious possession issues, behaves horrendously if she is allowed any
freedoms, does the same when her mom gets sick (she has pretty serious
health problems), etc.

So you have Mom and daughter?

What type of health problems?

I also love to give attention and do not want them to have to do tricks

for me
to give them a kiss.

Attention on demand leads to atrocious behavior, including, but not
limited to demanding attention (barking, pawing), getting an inflated
sense of self (it's mine, mine, all mine, and I'll use my teeth to keep

Well Chessies think everything they walk on is THEIRS but here they know
everything is MINE.

Perhaps because I have quite a few they all know what is expected, but honestly
I do have good pups.

They are not diggers or barkers, or counter surfers,live amongst an antique
filled home, and just hang out.

How are they going to know what to do if they don't get a chance to be free and
screw up?

it), being overly protective, etc. I'm interpreting this, but the way
she sees it, it's a chink in the armor.

Suja

As far as the possessive thing, I would show her something else, you know ,tit
for tat and trade, and do this a few times a day, until she has no problem with
HER stuff.

Again as far as the acting horrid when she gets freedom.

Well think about it?

When you are not allowed to do much you go all hog when you get away.

Suja, I am not saying your way is wrong and mine is right.

I just don 't have many problems with my dogs or the dogs that come to me who
supposedly have big problems.

Maybe I don't expect much, although I sincerly doubt that.

Paulette~

TPW troll posts. couch_cam2 Dog breeds 4 September 14th 03 11:26 PM
TPW troll posts. mikael Dog rescue 2 September 14th 03 11:26 PM
TPW troll posts. couch_cam2 Dog health 3 September 10th 03 08:04 PM
TPW troll posts. Kind2dogs Dog behavior 0 September 9th 03 01:25 PM
TPW troll posts. Charlie Wilkes Dog behavior 0 September 9th 03 02:50 AM