TPW troll posts.

Old September 10th 03, 01:41 AM
Kind2dogs

Default TPW troll posts.

Subject: TPW troll posts.
From: Handsome Jack Morrison

Date: Tue, Sep 9, 2003 4:56 PM
On 09 Sep 2003 19:53:48 GMT,
(Kind2dogs) wrote:

As I said IME the ones that had been on it, just were more nasty according

their owners and their behaviorists.

Paulette, with all due respect, I'm not getting your point, either.

OK, no problemo, Jack, as like you said that seems to be going around. : )

Which wouldn't be the first one I've missed today, either.

Certain Chessies, just like with *any* breed of dog, can indeed
benefit from a dose of NILIF.

Of course, and I am willing to do what ever it takes to get a dog to come
around so it can be adopted.

BUT I have not found it to be so wth the Chessies that have come to me that
had been on NILIF

According to their owners or their trainers they were worse than better.

So when they got here, there was no NILIF training form me,even though some of
these same dogs arrived in crates and with muzzles on.

And because I have not had to use it with the Chessies that have come to me,I
feel IME , that it has not worked.

Of course like I have said or at least I have thought I said, it probably
could work, but I have not found it to make a Chessie come around .

However perhaps IF I was doing the NILIF it would work.: )

BUT that is not going to happen as I have not had a Chessie that did not come
around doing it MY WAY.

It's not what I use, and it doesn't
sound like what you use, but it can work for some people who can't get
the results they want any other way. It's just a form of obedience
training, really, and it has a similar effect on a dog's behavior.

I understand this Jack.

Like I said whatever works,but this is not for me nor the Chessies that come to
me IMO.

IMO, it's just another tool in the ol' training bag.

Yup I agree!

Yes, like any training tool, it can be misused, I suppose, but when
it's used correctly, it can work, even on the nastiest of dogs.

Well it didn't work with the ones that were given up to me.

So that is what I have to go by.

But maybe I've misunderstood you, too, and the point you're trying to
make is getting lost somewhere in all the recent storms.

Nope, I probably have made all confused.

Thankfully I don't make the dogs confused.

Anyway, I'm all ears, if you want to discuss it further.

But it's going to have to wait until after I have a blood meal. You
know how we vampires get when we don't eat regularly, right?

Yes, just finished dinner.

Rock Cornish Game Hens, fresh veggies from the garden with mozzarella baked in
the oven twice baked potatoes, Caesar salad,and a Jack Daniel Chocolate Cake
with fresh strawberries, and a few cocktails before...

Good Night Jack

Paulette~
Old September 10th 03, 06:06 AM
Charlie Wilkes

From: Handsome Jack Morrison

Date: Tue, Sep 9, 2003 4:56 PM
On 09 Sep 2003 19:53:48 GMT,
(Kind2dogs) wrote:

As I said IME the ones that had been on it, just were more nasty according

their owners and their behaviorists.

Paulette, with all due respect, I'm not getting your point, either.

OK, no problemo, Jack, as like you said that seems to be going around. : )

I fully and completely understand your point, for what it is worth.

[...]

Yes. You are on to the right approach, especially for large,
potentially dangerous dogs. You have to use positive inducements so
they know and value their place in society too much to risk it with
bad behavior.

[...]

HORK! I'm not surprised. Frankly, I haven't met a B&B proprietor yet
who wasn't a raging alcoholic. We had a situation in the San Juan
Islands a few years ago where husband and wife ran a B&B, and they
were both a couple of drunks, and the woman killed her husband and
ground him up in a sausage grinder. Of course people wonder if the
customers ever got a taste of her vengeance...

Charlie
Old September 10th 03, 06:06 AM
Charlie Wilkes

Old September 10th 03, 06:41 PM
Alison Smiley Perera

Handsome Jack Morrison
wrote:

But you really shouldn't jump to conclusions on so little data.
Otherwise someone may confuse you with, say, Dogstar. Or Alison.

The horror. The horror.

Whoo-hoo! I've gained the notice of the infamous Handsome Jack!

I'm so whelmed.

But I'm curious, what has led you to think I'm a conclusion-jumper?

Was it the thread where I said I applied collar-correction methods with
my dog, and did so poorly, which shows that a layperson probably
shouldn't be learning such methods from books? (I thought this would be
the counter-example that disproves the theory--if *one* person can
misapply a technique, then *all* people aren't applying them correctly.
Your rebuttal was that I'm just stupid.)

Or was it the thread where I said that *not all* collar-correction
methods utilize a noisy chain collar? (Again, it only takes one
counter-example. I had many, and confirmed them with my bookshelf
recently. Your rebuttal was that I must have mis-read.)

-Alison in OH

Old September 10th 03, 09:30 PM
Alison Smiley Perera

Handsome Jack Morrison
wrote:

Well, Alison Number Two (you can only be Number One after she leaves
or changes her name), I can really appreciate your desire to be
noticed by the infamous and great Handsome Jack, but your celebration
is a bit, um, premature.

I was referring to the DICKhead Alison Number One, not you. Yes, the
one who lives in England and was embroiled in yesterday's snark fest.

Sniff, sniff. Didn't read that thread, and I thought *that* Alison was
staying quiet lately. Ah, well. A girl can dream.

-A in OH