Best eating?

Old December 6th 03, 07:39 AM
Child

Default Best eating?

"George Orwell" wrote in message
This is a serious question.
What is the best "eating" dog you have tried?

To reply remove -nospam- from my address.

Divakar Raju

I like hebrew national all beef dinner franks

Old December 6th 03, 02:40 PM
Judy

"Child" wrote in message
I like hebrew national all beef dinner franks

When I have to buy them, I like Nathan's.

However, there's a place in southern PA that will make hot dogs out of your
venison - the only place I can find that does true hot dogs out of venison.
Fortunately, a butcher shop near us sends meat down there so we can get them
made without a long drive down - and back again. We do about a half a
deer's worth every year. These are WONDERFUL!

~~Judy

Old December 8th 03, 03:01 PM
Judy

"skyrider" wrote in message
can you tell me where in PA i am in pittsburgh and would love to try them

According to the box...........
Thompson's
Jersey Shore PA 570-398-1880

Not as far down south as I thought. Quite a ways from Pittsburgh but if you
had some other reason to head that way or had enough to make it worthwhile
anyway......

We pay our local shop $2 a pound for them - it will come back double the
weight of the venison.

There ARE some other places that do it - I think there was one down near
Lancaster that a friend of ours used to take a truckload of venison to (he'd
collect from friends so only one person had to go) but I don't know the name
of that place.

~~Judy