so far

Old September 10th 03, 01:53 AM
Nessa

Default so far

ok here's my story and I'm sticking to it :-)

Hannah seems to be thriving and dropping weight rapidly on her reduced food
amounts. she is doing well with her homework from class. I admit that I
don't do 15 full minutes at a time but she gets a lot of small shorter
sessions with me. She is sitting better and seems to be jumping less. She
seems a bit calmer.

Bagel is still dissing me as often as possible. This morning he did snap and
growl at me when I went to take something away from him (and I didn't handle
it well) but it was NOT as bad as it has been. He left a scratch on my hand
but I spoke with my dog mentor and now will handle it differently. He's
also sleeping through the night on the bed with me although he is still
leashed to me. Hannah sleeps all night on the pillows next to me without a
leash.

they have both been to the park a few times since I originally posted and
they have not been all that bad. Hannah is a buttheaded puppy and runs into
and at everyone. she swims and races but she basically listens.

tonite I called her to come to me and she was torn between coming to me and
going back to bagel. She turned to me walked a few steps turned around
looked towards where bagel was and then back to me... she did this a few
times then came to me.

Bagel was a bit buttheaded with some of the other younger male dogs. He even
humped a great dane (9 month old puppy). he listened pretty well to me and
even was more willing to give up stuff when asked to. He did get a bit
buttheaded once or twice but not like I expected.

I think that the fact that I'm getting more sleep now is helping. Also it
seems that they know I mean business and hence their behavior is better.

who knows. all I know is that I'm trying and it seems so are they.

right now bagel is resting in the hall (he was behind my chair)
and hannah is on her sit and stay (an exercise to teach her to settle at my
feet) and has only gotten restless ONCE in 20 minutes.

after this she will get some more work on her down (which is VERY weak) and
bagel will get some drill on come (I use the word RETURN for training and
will use return once they are responding well to it) and stay.

We of course are doing modified NILIF and they have to sit, or down or
SOMETHING in order to get anything.

Nessa
--
I don't have issues