Some advice to you all:

Old September 13th 03, 11:52 AM
Nessa

Default Some advice to you all:

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 1:00:58 -0400, Child wrote
(in message ):

never, ever, ever agree to dogsit two cranky maltese, even if it is just for
one night.

elaborate.... PLEASE?????? (naw just kidding unless you want to). I've
never met a maltese up close and personal so I can't say but thanks for the
warning.

Nessa
--
Taste religion- lick a witch.
www.nessa.info

Old September 13th 03, 01:37 PM
sighthounds etc.

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 21:00:58 -0800, "Child"
wrote:

never, ever, ever agree to dogsit two cranky maltese, even if it is just for
one night.

Okay, details please.

Mustang Sally

Old September 13th 03, 06:37 PM
Child

"Kevin Michael Vail" wrote in message
"Child" wrote:

never, ever, ever agree to dogsit two cranky maltese, even if it is just

for
one night.

Well, duh. Toby was only one Maltese and not particularly cranky, but
he was certainly a handful! I can't imagine two. (Although the guy
across the hall said his mother used to have *four* Maltese.)

ROFL Kevin, I had forgotten that Toby was a maltese.

My friend wanted to take her husband to the ski resort hotel for their first
anniversary. She asked if could watch her two Maltese. My biggest concern
was a barkfest, because we have the super-barking samoyed, the super-barking
keeshond and maltese looooove to bark.

But no, barking hasn't been a problem. Attacking Kavik and Toklat has been.
Every time my dogs politely sniff a maltese, the maltese growl and attack.
Luckily, Kavik is quite tolerant - he stands there with a maltese attached
to his cheek, like "mom, its on me again" until i go get the maltese off
this cheek. Toklat thinks its really funny to make a maltese attack him and
thinks its some sort of game. Sniff - GROWL SNAP SNAP - Tokie bounces
around, attempting to dodge the snaps, boing, dodge, boing. When the
maltese realizes it hasnt' made contact with the swift Tokie, it turns back
to its previous activity. Tokie approaches, Sniff - Growl- And then I
intervene and seperate everyone.

Weirdly enough, both maltese played beautifully with a four pound yorkie
yesterday, so its only big dogs they attack. Kind of dumb, actually. And
both maltese know my dogs from the dog club and like them there when
everyone is on leash.

ITs frustrating having to keep everyone seperated but it was too much on my
nerves to have them biting my dogs continuously. What if one of my dogs got
pissed and retaliated?

Old September 13th 03, 07:09 PM
nichael

BWAHAAAHAHAHHAAAAAA!!!

did you run out of binaca?

the producer
live...
http://dogtv.com

Old September 13th 03, 07:09 PM
nichael

BWAHAAAHAHAHHAAAAAA!!!

did you run out of binaca?

the producer
live...
http://dogtv.com

Old September 13th 03, 10:03 PM
Shelly & The Boys

"Kevin Michael Vail" wrote in message
Luckily, Kavik is quite tolerant - he stands there with a maltese

attached
to his cheek, like "mom, its on me again" until i go get the maltese off
this cheek.

I know I shouldn't be laughing at this, but I am. I wish you could have
gotten a picture, although I'm sure that was the last thought on your
mind when this happened.

hehehe...I was recently told about an acquaintance's Malinois that
came running out of the house with what appeared to be her two
housemate JRT's attached to her either side of her face.
Now, IIRC, they were really attached to a toy she had in her mouth, but
you couldn't see the toy. THAT is an image I'd love to have seen!
Shelly & The Boys