News Story Vent

Old September 16th 03, 03:56 PM
badgirl

Default News Story Vent

I didn't catch all the details because I was distracted but...

There was a story on the local news last night about a pit bull
attacking a 12 (or 13) year old boy. Apparently it was the dogs second
*founded* attack and they had the kid go on camera who said he wanted
the dog to be killed and the owner to be punished.
Ok, now my vent:
WHY THE HELL are these stories so frigging breed specific? If it were
a Golden or a Lab it wouldn't have made the news AT ALL! I'm really
disgusted with the way these things are being handled lately. Yes, I
feel terribly badly for the kid that got bitten...but what difference
does it make that it was a Pit that made a whole 5 minute section on
the evening news necessary??
Home owners insurance companies are now refusing to insure people who
have what they call potentially viscous* breeds. I had to lie to mine
about the breed of both my dogs or I wouldn't have been accepted with
the company. It pisses me off because I know that both my dogs are the
sweetest babies and I know plenty (on and off the internet) of people
who have the same kinds of breeds and all those dogs are great too.
Does anyone else here see this as really f***ed up? I just don't
understand why the media has to pick on certain breeds of dogs. It IMO
creates alot of unnecessary fear from people who watch the news and
believe every word as gospel. Which of course in turn makes for a
really bad rep for these dogs as a whole and not seen individually.
Yes, I know there's a ton of idiot owners out there that train their
dogs to be mean and aggressive, but that doesn't mean the every single
Pit, Rottie, Dobie etc etc is gonna be a biter does it?

*sheesh*

--
Jen,

Old September 16th 03, 04:01 PM
Gwen Watson

"Tara O." wrote: (bite or reported bite) that is brought to the insurance

company's attention, you're not just facing cancellation of coverage but one
or more lawsuits as well.

--
Tara

And a potential case of Insurance Fraud as well.

Gwen

Old September 16th 03, 04:09 PM
Tara O.

"badgirl" wrote in message
I didn't catch all the details because I was distracted but...

Home owners insurance companies are now refusing to insure people who
have what they call potentially viscous* breeds. I had to lie to mine
about the breed of both my dogs or I wouldn't have been accepted with
the company.

I hope you don't have an incident with one of your dogs. I understand why
you lied to the insurance company and am not finding fault with your doing
so. I do want to point out though that should one of your dogs ever cause a
disturbance (bite or reported bite) that is brought to the insurance