You learn something new everyday

Old September 15th 03, 03:30 PM
Suja

Default You learn something new everyday

I just wish it hadn't come at 5:45 in the morning, or in the way that it
did. It wasn't that long ago that I posted about how Khan has never
thrown up before. Well, now he has. The good news is, Khan signals to
let us know that he needs to puke. The bad news is that we weren't
nearly quick enough to get him out the door before he did. There was a
certain amount of urgency in his whining, but the logistics involved in
getting dressed, hunting around for collars, leashes, etc. took entirely
too much time.

Now, what do you guys ordinarily do after your dog throws up? Called
the vet, and they said to keep an eye on him, not feed him till this
evening, and to call them again if he throws up some more, or acts
lethargic. There was a little bit of dark stuff in his vomit, which may
be the toad he mouthed last night before bed time. It is also possible
that it is a little bit of blood. He basically wants to sleep a lot -
no problem with walking or anything, just doesn't seem to want to exert
himself, and didn't bug me for food. I really wish I knew what brought
this on.

Suja