Question about dog's behavior

Old September 16th 03, 08:45 PM
Gwen Watson

Cymbaline wrote:

Any recommendation on books? I know that most will say a pro but
please understand that this is a couple that are in their early 20's,
just bought a house, just had a son so maybe a few here can please
understand not everyone has the choice even if willing to hire a
proffesional dog trainer.

Thanks!
Cymbaline

"Culture Clash" by Jean Donaldson.

Sounds like the dog needs more interaction.

Maybe hubby can take the time?

I am hoping many others here will give you some
good advice.

Gwen

Old September 16th 03, 08:52 PM
Cymbaline

Default Question about dog's behavior

Hello,

I'm needing to know what everyone things about this situation. My
friend recently had a baby and from what I understand they haven't had
much time with their lab but the other day when she caught him in the
trash, she yelled at him "No! Sammy!"

Now the yell was a not screamming at him but the dog ran at her with
his teeth bearing.

I wasn't there to see it but her husband was telling me about it and
basically is in a state of "What does this mean?"

The dog has had less attention and also another of their dogs that he
use to play with had past away about the same time as their son was
born.

They do have another dog, a little Boston Terrier to play with and
they do play so I'm not sure if the dog is just sorely needing
attention.

I'm now taking him down to the park on the weekends with me and my
dogs to play and have some attention but my friend's husband is
worried about if his dog is showing signs of something more dangerous.

There hasn't been anything since the weekend that the dog did this but
I'm just wanting to know if anyone could think of the "maybe" behind
his behavior.

Old September 16th 03, 11:49 PM
Alpha

Mate do not ask this group for help. How can we without being there to see
it happen, get out the yellow pages and find a trainer that deals with
behavioural problems.

--
David Sweeney
STI