Jumping up and spaniels

Old September 17th 03, 08:29 AM
Lostwithiel

Default Jumping up and spaniels

I've got 2 cocker spaniels of about a year and a half old. We got them when
they were about 6 months - and I don't think they had had any training
before that. One is really settled down now, he loves fuss, but he doesn't
hassle for it. The other one is a working strain cocker, *full* of energy
and constantly bouncing (as they do). But when I sit down and work (I work
at home), she will constantly pester me (I guess it's because I'm ignoring
her and concentrating on something else), putting her paws up on my lap and
trying to disrupt whatever I'm doing. And she's so quick that by the time
I've removed her paws, she's got them back up again! And this goes on and on
and on.....

Any tips about how to stop this? Nothing I've tried seems to deter her!
Thank you......

Old September 17th 03, 12:37 PM
Jack

"Lostwithiel" wrote in message
[...]

Give her something to do. She's bored and wants attention.

I suggest www.kongcompany.com

http://www.kongcompany.com/how2use.html

G'Luck

Old September 17th 03, 12:39 PM
Jack

"Jack" wrote in message
om...

[...]

Also take them out for walks, or play fetch in the backyard periodically.
Mine always nap after a play session because I wear them out.

Old September 17th 03, 07:28 PM
Lostwithiel

She's got about 3 toys around her at all times - and she gets through any
kong you fill in about 30 seconds. While I'm sitting at my desk, I throw her
ball for her. She plays with her brother for hours each day - and they have
over 2 hours walk off the lead each day in the fields. I can't devote my
entire day to keeping a spaniel interested!

"Jack" wrote in message
om...

om...