Ezra on tour.

Old September 18th 03, 12:54 AM
Lone Hansen

Default Ezra on tour.

As you know we went to Denmark a short while ago to see family and
friends. As always Ezra came along.
Friday morning got up early, had breakfast, packed the car...
remembering to bring papers (Ezra's) her toys, food, her bed etc. Ezra stays
in the back of the car, she has got loads of room and all her things are in
there. We drove of at half past six in the morning. Went down to the south
of England(Dover). We have to be there early otherwise you don't get on the
booked time for the train. Show tickets, drive through the gates, park car,
get out, take Ezra to the potty area offer her a drink. Then our train is
announced get back in the car, drive over the video cameras, pass the
security checks, this time we were not pulled over possibly because they
remembered us from the last time. That was very embarrassing. We had been
pulled over for them to go through the car. We had to remove Ezra as she
wouldn't let them near the car. When they had finished I helped Ezra back in
the car, she turned in mid air landed outside of the car and ran into the
boarder polices' coffee room giving the officers in there a mild heart
attack Got on the train, got offered water for Ezra by the very friendly
personnel.
10 o'clock landed in France, drove through France and into Belgium, up
through Belgium and into Holland, across Holland and into Germany, up
through Germany and into Denmark, up through Jutland, over Funen and across
the bridge to Sealand arriving at out first destination around 9.30 pm.
We had to see a lot of people and go a lot of places while in Denmark,
visiting at least 2 places a day. Ezra was so good I couldn't believe it,
she took it all being hauled around without battering an eye and for the
most she seemed to be having a LOT of fun.... so many new people to throw a
ball !!! One day we went to a building site. Some friends of ours are
building a new house in a forest down by the sea. The spot was yet unfenced
apart from all the trees and on the surrounding plots where houses with
families and other dogs. We were 15 people and 3 dogs on the plot that day
all there to lend a hand with getting the walls up (yes even when on holiday
we are building houses, we need help Most of the people there were male,
and Ezra hadn't met them before. One time she got a little snarky barking
and nipping at a guys' trouser legs but that was it. He ignored her and she
calmed down immediately and went to find a stick and situated herself in the
middle of all the men waiting for them to play with her. At one point a
Golden from the neighbouring plot came running over to play. I called Ezra
to me and she came right away and sat down. As she was calm and the Golden
was very friendly I released her to go and greet. As they greeted on of the
Black Labs in the party came running over and began to show the Golden the
way home. They took of in through the trees with Ezra. I called her and she
came running back to me without hesitation. The owner of the black Lab
called his dog, but no it had gone completely deaf so he actually had to go
and get it. Ezra had such a blast that day and enjoyed all the attention and
all the people to play with. She also got to go swimming in the ocean.
After touring Sealand we went to Jutland to visit my family. Ezra got to
swim in the lake every evening and play with all the people down there. She
also got to tell my parents neighbours that coming unannounced in through
the garden is NOT allowed(bark, bark, growl no biting or snapping). Yes she
was every bit as protective of their house and garden as she is of our own.
She even got to meet most of the family (dad turned 60 and had a huge garden
party). Ezra didn't join the party as drunken dancing people aren't her cup
of tea but she came out a few times during the evening and got to meet
people without barking or growling a single time.
All in all she was spoiled rotten, got a lot of good food, got played
with every where we went ... fun, fun, fun. The best part was that the
people who have met her before all said that she is NOT the same dog as the
one we started out with. The ones that hadn't met her before but only heard
of her didn't believe one word that they had heard after meeting her. They
all though that she is wonderful and we have been lying through our teeth
about her behaviour. They are right, she is a wonderful girl and she has
indeed turned out to be the best little hell spawn ever

Lone

Old September 18th 03, 01:39 AM
Tara O.

What a great story! I wish I could have driven along with you. Seems the
English travel to other countries alot (judging by my friends over there)
and never think twice about it whereas I only go "out of state" for dog runs
lol. I *really* like "hell spawn"! Can I add it to my list of demonish
names for my dogs?

--
Tara

Old September 18th 03, 02:16 PM
Gwen Watson

Lone Hansen wrote:

As you know we went to Denmark a short while ago to see family and
friends. As always Ezra came along.

Lone thanks for sharing this grand story. It made me smile. It sounds
like all of you really enjoyed yourselves.

I think you left out the part about the kitten though. )

Gwen

Old September 18th 03, 03:05 PM
Gwen Watson

Lone Hansen wrote:

"Gwen Watson" wrote in message

Lone Hansen wrote:

As you know we went to Denmark a short while ago to see family and
friends. As always Ezra came along.

Lone thanks for sharing this grand story. It made me smile. It sounds
like all of you really enjoyed yourselves.

I think you left out the part about the kitten though. )

Gwen

I did Tried to keep it dog related as all my other posts have been OT
! But if anyone wants to hear about the crazy kitten that almost got to join
the family I will tell......

Lone

It was a great story about your trip to Denmark. I know you really enjoyed
getting to see your family, friends and spending time with Ezra.

Gwen