Cargo liner for a van - has anyone used one?

Old September 18th 03, 02:39 PM
Chris Jung

Default Cargo liner for a van - has anyone used one?

Hi,
We just bought the heir apparent to The Mighty Dog Mobile (aka TMDM, my
beloved 1991 Olds Silhouette with 150k). The new van is a 1996 Plymouth
Grand Voyager with 70K. It was owned by a meticulous family and is in
pristine shape. My DH, wants it to stay reasonably clean so it can be
presentable for a least a few years. We most definitely do not take guests,
visiting in-laws or any one we want to impress for a ride in TMDM. Some
might call the interior of TMDM disgusting but I think of it as nicely
broken in and comfy casual.

We will be taking out the 3rd row bench seats in the Voyager and thus we
will have a fairly large area for dogs and/or crates. To keep the dog hair &
mud/dirt under a little more control, we are considering getting a cargo
liner from PetEdge for the back of the van ( http://tinyurl.com/nt28 ).
Has anyone have a cargo liner such as this one and have an opinion on them?

Chris, her two smoothies and the trio of crazy kittens,
Zeffie, Pablo, Black, Tortie & Tiger

Old September 18th 03, 03:12 PM
montana

"Chris Jung" wrote:

snip

Has anyone have a cargo liner such as this one and have an opinion on them?

I had something similar in a van. The velcro tends to pull away from the
car interior. We also used something similar in our new dogmobile & the
same thing happened with the velcro. I'm more comfortable using a crate
foam liner, then a tarp held in place with (what else?) duct tape.
Putting the foam down helps keep things from sliding around.

Old September 18th 03, 05:32 PM
KWBrown

"Chris Jung" wrote in
:

[...]

Report back, Chris:

I have this very same car, same year, but with the Dodge badge on it. It
is affectionately known as the Galloping Grape. We have finally moved
our life to the point where we don't need the third seat in 7/24. We've
moved it up a row and pulled the middle bench out and into the basement.

Hunt-test dogs get filthy, and I'd like to try to keep the damage from
getting any worse than it already is.

(Just found banana peel placed in side pocket by Darling Son so long ago
that it had mummified... so much for my "No food in the van!" rule)

Kate