New Puppy and need help

Old September 18th 03, 09:59 AM
prozaconpaws

Default New Puppy and need help

I need to find some great information and resources because I just adopted
my first puppy. I usually rescue Senior dogs and they are wonderful but my
latest -- a 12 year old Chi/Terrier mix named Di.Lo, short for Princess
Diana -- is having very bad arthritis and severe cataracts just like the
Lab I lost last year, so I decided to take a break.

Today I adopted a 6 week old Chi/Pom mix and named her Ella May -- after
Ella Fitzgerald, Elaine May and Ellie Mae Clampett . The cutest girl I've
ever seen. And I don't have a clue how to housebreak her. Well, I have some
idea, of course, but I would like to do this and everything else in the most
effective manner. I do Therapy Dog work with my dogs, so I'd love Ella to
become as well-behaved and obedient and kind as Di and my late great Lab.

If there are other groups that are more helpful, please direct me there.

Thanks so much!!! I thank you and my floors and carpets do too.

Theodora, Di.Lo. (Princess Diana and my Prozac On Paws), Ella May (my POPin
training) & P-Kitty
Catch My Train of Thought
writer/screenwriter/train buff/recovering accountant and agoraphobic
portland, or

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" Steven Wright "When you
come to a fork in the road, take it." Yogi Berra "You may not be able to
teach an old dog new tricks, but I can." Anon. "When people show you who
they are, believe them. The first time. " Maya Angelou "I knew I could. I
knew I could." The Little Engine That Could