Update on McTavish

Old September 22nd 03, 11:57 PM
Leah

Default Update on McTavish

Things are going much better with the cat.

He spent the last week or so in a crate in the office, with a sheet over 3
sides of it. He no longer tries to hide from the dogs in his litter box (like
he did the first couple of days), and their approach to him is a little more
low-key and a lot less wary. Yesterday, he and Kenzie played a little. She
would yip, play-bow, and scratch at the cage with her paws. He would meow, and
scratch back. I could have sworn he connected with her face a couple of times,
but he must not have had his claws out. He appeared completely relaxed.

So today, I moved the crate to on top of the desk (which is a door), put his
food on a towel on top of it, left his litter box and a sheet to lie on in it,
and left the gate open. Then I let the dogs in the room.

They were excited but not barking. They attempted to jump up on the desk a
couple of times, but were reminded that the "paws off the desk rule" still
stands.

As for Tav, he jumped off the top of the crate (where I put him because they
can't reach him), and casually laid himself out near me on the desk. He's now
sleeping. The dogs got bored, and have asked to go outside.

Tav is a very cool cat. All I had to do to put him in the crate was say, "Go
to your room," and gently place him in front of it. He walked right in and
waited for me to close the door.

He's a very people-oriented cat - in fact, the cuddliest cat I've ever known.

Timing is everything. :} It's taking me forever to finish this post, because
he is now sitting in front of me, rubbing his head in my face and my hands. I
may have created a monster. :}

PetsMart Pet Trainer
My Kids, My Students, My Life:
http://hometown.aol.com/dfrntdrums/m...age/index.html