Remind me how to do this...

Old September 22nd 03, 04:26 AM
Marie

Default Remind me how to do this...

OK--I need a reminder in a basic training technique.

The Grandparents are visiting right now, meaning (from Macula's perspective)
there are twice the number of adults in the house ignoring her and paying
attention to babies. Actually, it means that I have more time to snuggle
with her, but Grampa is more fun--when she licks him he starts yelling and
flapping his arms around and playing with her (ok, that's not my dad's
intention, but he won't listen when I try and tell him how to deal with
Macula so she won't think he's playing a game) :-}

Macula will relax in her corner or on the floor, but every few minutes
she'll get up and get in one of my parents' faces, licking them or trying to
climb in their lap, and ignoring them when they say Off or Down. Hubby or I
will get involved, she'll back off and go lie down again. Then the scenario
begins again a few minutes later. It's like, any attention is better than
the no attention she gets while she's lying quietly. I remember something
from when she was a puppy--a settle command or something, that's supposed to
remedy this? When she's lying around quietly and I go up to her to praise
her and/or pet her for being good, she immediately starts getting up and
wanting to play. How do I get her to be happy hanging out with us without
being actively played with/cuddled?

Thanks for the remedial :-)

Marie
Meet Macula at http://members.rogers.com/mmcw/