Dog's doing better.

Old October 26th 03, 04:34 PM
Naota

Default Dog's doing better.

Hello,
I thought it'd only be right to come back to this group and thank you
all for the help with my dog's off leash problem. I was told to practice
and praise more than enforce negatively.

And that's what Sav and I did. Every night for two months we practiced
outside (with snacks), and now I walk her twice a day off leash. There's
a little problem now, but I think I can handle it:

She (my dog) is often distracted these days, always sniffing around in the
air for food or something. Also, she isn't as reliable outside when I
don't have treats.

What do you suggest for more reliability and attention? Also, I'd like to
stop the treat business. Every single walk off leash requires treats,
else she won't behave normally.

Naota.

--
-- (remove the capital letters: ('SPAM')