Kidney stone

Old July 3rd 03, 08:58 PM
Cila

Default Kidney stone

Dear My potential "Problem Solver",

I have an 11 year old male Bichon Frise.
He had surgery in February of last year for kidney stone (100 %calcium
oxalate monohydrate).
He is on Hills U/D diet since. He eats both dry and canned. He get a little
dry first and canned fallowed. We put water in his dry food to increase
water intake. (He does not protest against it. I do not like to put it in
his canned food, because his hair gets dirty around his mouth.) I belive we
do not feed him more than the recommended amount.)
He gained weights, less active and always hungry.
Can I gradually try to give him other food with more fiber in it?
What is your suggession?

Thank you for your help.

IlonaM

Old July 3rd 03, 10:04 PM
Bichon.ca

First talk to your local veterinarian.
Then have a look at the follownig URL:
http://bichon.ca/cgi-bin/bichon/bich...num=1055367904
Let us know how it goes, it might help others . Good luck and take
care.

http://Bichon.ca/

Old July 27th 03, 06:54 PM
GAUBSTER2

FWIW, I find Science Diet food to be less than satisfactory. I tend
not to trust it, even though their marketing skills are without peer.
And to people who should know better

Why do you sneak in an anti-Hill's comment? Anything SPECIFIC you don't like
about them?

Subject: Kidney stone

From: Nomdeplume