Weight-pulling?

Old September 30th 03, 03:47 PM
Chris Williams

Default Weight-pulling?

Can someone tell me a bit about this sport? Are the people
responsible? Are the dogs well-treated?
There's a competition Oct. 18, and I was thinking of taking our Millie
to display:
http://www.sbacc.org/millie.htm
She had a failed adoption (didn't get along with another dog), and
thought I might find more breed-savvy people there. She's 'little but
mighty', and I hope she might fit into an under-represented weight
class.

Old September 30th 03, 04:23 PM

Chris Williams wrote:
Can someone tell me a bit about this sport? Are the people
responsible? Are the dogs well-treated?

Generally, yes. I would stick to pulls organized by
mainstream breed groups (it's popular among Malamutes, for
example) or mushing associations. I'm not crazy about it,
myself.

Is there anything so deadening to the soul as a PowerPoint presentation?
-- NY Times, 29 Sept 2003

Old September 30th 03, 04:24 PM
culprit

"Chris Williams" wrote in message
Can someone tell me a bit about this sport? Are the people
responsible? Are the dogs well-treated?
There's a competition Oct. 18, and I was thinking of taking our Millie
to display:
http://www.sbacc.org/millie.htm
She had a failed adoption (didn't get along with another dog), and
thought I might find more breed-savvy people there. She's 'little but
mighty', and I hope she might fit into an under-represented weight
class.

oh wow, she is absolutely adorable!

if there were two of me, i'd take her to my other me's house.

-kelly

Old September 30th 03, 04:58 PM

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, culprit wrote:

oh wow, she is absolutely adorable!

isn't she a doll? i love the dirty, sandy nose picture.

if there were two of me, i'd take her to my other me's house.

heck, if there were two of me, my other me would prolly fight
the other you for her.

--
shelly (perfectly foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette

Pom pulling out hair Jim Dog health 0 March 27th 04 01:16 PM
Our Cocker's diet, failing weight due to small kidney John McNulty Dog health 2 November 24th 03 05:29 AM
Our Cocker's diet, failing weight due to small kidney John McNulty Dog health 0 November 23rd 03 07:46 PM
Breed mix? size? weight? QuirkySue Dog breeds 0 October 27th 03 01:00 AM
Can't get weight off Dog Gerry Dog health 4 July 13th 03 05:28 PM