Funny Fancy

Old October 1st 03, 02:58 PM
Tara O.

Default Funny Fancy

Fancy is a very treat/food oriented dog. She is always in the mood for a
treat and will sit as still as her butt allows then take the treat from me
*very* gently. She sticks out her little bottom teeth and just barely gets
the edge of the treat before she then scarfs it down.

We made homemade dog biscuits and packaged them in jars for the Boxer Bash.
I bought 2 of them, BBQ and Honey Peanut Butter. I opened the HPB on Sunday
and have been amazed at this dog. She acts like these treats are the most
precious things in the world. I've never seen Fancy savor anything but she
savors these. Once she takes it from my hand, she high-tails it to an
unpopulated room of the house, looks over her shoulder to be sure no one
followed (I've actually had to sneak up on her), lays down, places the
little piece between her front paws and then NIBBLES. When she's finished,
she licks are chops and saunters back to wherever the people are.

Its really funny. These treats are like European chocolates to her or
something.

--
Tara

Old October 1st 03, 03:19 PM

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Tara O. wrote:

Fancy is a very treat/food oriented dog. She is always in
the mood for a treat and will sit as still as her butt allows
then take the treat from me *very* gently. She sticks out
her little bottom teeth and just barely gets the edge of the
treat before she then scarfs it down.

aw, such a gentle girl! harriet nibbles treats off my hand
with her lips, just like a horse picking up a carrot.

Its really funny. These treats are like European chocolates
to her or something.

cute!

--
shelly (perfectly foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette

Old October 1st 03, 03:51 PM
Tara O.

"shelly" wrote in message
arble.net...
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Tara O. wrote:

Fancy is a very treat/food oriented dog. She is always in
the mood for a treat and will sit as still as her butt allows
then take the treat from me *very* gently. She sticks out
her little bottom teeth and just barely gets the edge of the
treat before she then scarfs it down.

aw, such a gentle girl! harriet nibbles treats off my hand
with her lips, just like a horse picking up a carrot.

Aww, I had one who did that and he'd even lift his lips like a horse. The
best I've ever had was Mary. She would be very careful about taking
something from my fingers but with Amie, she'd wait until the food/treat was
in Amie's palm. She wouldn't take from Amie's fingers but would "lip" it
off the palm of her hand. I thought that was incredible, taking that extra
safety precaution with a child, and Mary having been an untrained, neglected
adolescent herself.

--
Tara

Old October 1st 03, 10:19 PM
EmilyS

"Tara O." wrote in message ...
"shelly" wrote in message
arble.net...
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Tara O. wrote:

Fancy is a very treat/food oriented dog. She is always in
the mood for a treat and will sit as still as her butt allows
then take the treat from me *very* gently. She sticks out
her little bottom teeth and just barely gets the edge of the
treat before she then scarfs it down.

aw, such a gentle girl! harriet nibbles treats off my hand
with her lips, just like a horse picking up a carrot.

Aww, I had one who did that and he'd even lift his lips like a horse. The
best I've ever had was Mary. She would be very careful about taking
something from my fingers but with Amie, she'd wait until the food/treat was
in Amie's palm. She wouldn't take from Amie's fingers but would "lip" it
off the palm of her hand. I thought that was incredible, taking that extra
safety precaution with a child, and Mary having been an untrained, neglected
adolescent herself.

My sweet little pitbull rescue boy Ozzy is apparently a little unsure
about treats. When I offer him something, he carefully sniffs it
before gently taking it. My older girl Lulu has more of the "grab
swallow and then taste it" technique.

EmilyS