Variation on a theme

Old October 2nd 03, 02:00 PM
Chris Williams

Default Variation on a theme

This is prompted by responses on the 'favorite breeds' thread, but not
on-topic there.
Are you as accepting of 'difficult' people as you are of 'difficult'
dogs? I'm not, and I'm told I should feel very, very guilty about that.

Just because humans are slow and can't smell or hear
very well doesn't mean they don't possess a primitive
type of intelligence.

Old October 2nd 03, 03:56 PM
Shannon

Why? Difficult people are difficult in very different ways for very
different reasons that difficult dogs. Plus dogs, no matter how difficult,
give something back. Difficult people most often do not.

Case in point: Guinness. Although he is less difficult now than he used to
be, he still has his moments. But he's so sweet, and soft, and he puts his
head on me knee to let me pet him, that it makes up for all of those
moments. He can lower my blood pressure just by walking into the room.

Case in point: Former house mate. High-maintenance, selfish, sloppy, always
late with the rent and utilities, unpleasant to be around in general. No
redeeming qualities that I could find. Could raise my blood pressure just by
walking into the room. I'll take Guinness and his barking any day.

-Shannon

Old October 2nd 03, 04:13 PM
Lone Hansen

"Chris Williams" wrote in message
This is prompted by responses on the 'favorite breeds' thread, but not
on-topic there.
Are you as accepting of 'difficult' people as you are of 'difficult'
dogs? I'm not, and I'm told I should feel very, very guilty about that.

- It depends on how we use the term difficult people. I don't have

problems with people who have difficulties expressiong themselves, who are
difficult due to stress, work load, handicaps, defects etc.

I have a problem with mean spirited folks, people who use and abuse
others without ever giving anything back, people who walk through life
kicking others. I would have a problem with animals behaving like this too,
so it all depends doesn't it ?

Lone

Just because humans are slow and can't smell or hear
very well doesn't mean they don't possess a primitive
type of intelligence.

---

Old October 2nd 03, 04:24 PM
Chris Williams

Case in point: Former house mate.
High-maintenance, selfish, sloppy,
always late with the rent and utilities,
unpleasant .....

Shannon, did you ever put your housemate's head on your knee for a
good petting? Transformation! Yuk, yuk