dog peeing in the house -- practical advice please

Old October 1st 03, 06:32 AM
Jim Scorze

Default dog peeing in the house -- practical advice please

Need some practical advice.

My dog (8 yrs. old) has decided to make our living room his new toilet.
He's always been very good without any issues. In the past couple of weeks,
however, he's decided to relieve himself rather than ask to go out.

Often, he will do this shortly after we take him out. What's new you ask?

Ok. We have a 10 month-old baby in the house (clearly gets the majority of
the attention). The dog seems to like the baby and vice versa.

Our older kids have been very busy with school and we've been busy also.
So, yes, he's probably just asking for attention! I got it and agree.

Now, here comes the reason for my post. I need some practical advice to
reverse this trend. He is very smart and clearly knows what he's doing (we
left him alone the other day for 13 hrs -- no problems). We come home at
night and he'll do it 2 times in the evening right under our noses (sort of
speak).

Yes, I've tried to play with him more and walk him, but he still did it
after that. If someone's got ideas, I'd be most appreciative.