Dogs and peas

Old July 5th 03, 12:04 PM
Lee J. Moore

Default Dogs and peas

Peas aren't dangerous to dogs are they? A few hours ago I
stripped 2kg of peas from their pods and drained them. I went
upstairs and came back down to find the colander on the floor,
no peas and the dog (11month old GSD) looking up at me rather
innocently. He's been consigned to the garden since then due to
offensively heavy flatulence.

Presumably that's the most of my worries?

He doesn't normally do things like this. He was *fascinated*
watching me stripping them out of the pods (because he's never
seen peas in pods before), so I think his curiosity just got the
better of him!
--
Bu dum.
Old July 6th 03, 02:52 AM
Kassie

I don't recall there being any real issue, except I would watch when the
peas come out the other end, as they may act like whole heap of fibre ( that
explains the flatulence as well)

Kassie

Old July 6th 03, 11:49 AM
Lee J. Moore

One may as well begin with Kassie's letter to rec.pets.dogs.health:

I don't recall there being any real issue, except I would
watch when the peas come out the other end, as they may act
like whole heap of fibre ( that explains the flatulence as
well)

You guessed right. The whole heap of fibre came out last night
although he appears back to normal this morning.

Thanks for the reply. I'm so careful with what he eats that I
always worry anything out of the ordinary might be as dangerous
as chocolate!
--
Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.