Samantha's Mini-Me

Old October 2nd 03, 02:29 PM
Alison Perera

Default Samantha's Mini-Me

As I was walking my German Shepherd this morning, a strange thing
happened. Just as I recognized that the animal trotting up the sidewalk
toward us was a dog, it lay down. Half a block away, staring at us with
one ear up and one ear flopped. From a distance it looked like another
Shepherd, perhaps the one I know lives near there. I crossed the street
and headed toward it, fearful it would run in front of a car.

As we got closer I realized the dog was much smaller than a GSD, perhaps
1/2 to 1/3 the size of my 75 lb. girl but with her identical markings
(agouti/sabled saddle-back). He stood up, and stood perfectly still as
my girl with her horrible, clumsy social skills sniffed him, and bounced
around him saying Rawoar! He was such a gentleman. I told Sam "No" in a
firm, non-yelling voice when she got too rough with him, and moved
between them. He dashed a little way up the road with his tail between
his legs. I said, "Good dog!" (partly to Sam behaving herself, partly to
Mini-Me) and he trotted hopefully back up to us.

I had no idea what to do. I live in a tiny rented apartment with two
cats along with Sam, and I have to go to work. I couldn't very well
bring a strange dog in and leave him all day. He followed me to my front
yard, so I dashed Samantha inside, grabbed a phone and the number for
animal control, and a leash, and headed back out. Animal Control didn't
answer, and Mini-Me had split as soon as we went in.

I'm still really bummed that the cute little guy is running around in
the cold. I hope his owners find him.

-Alison in OH

Mini stroke Dog Lover Dog health 10 September 17th 03 01:11 AM
Training my mini pinscher (the odyessy begins) [email protected] Dog behavior 0 September 8th 03 05:52 PM
What's wrong with my mini pinscher?? shelly Dog behavior 24 September 7th 03 01:41 AM
What's wrong with my mini pinscher?? [email protected] Dog behavior 0 September 6th 03 08:15 PM
Super Mini Schnauzers Alvin Yuen Dog breeds 1 August 3rd 03 11:18 PM