10 Great Danes in Trouble !

Old October 5th 03, 06:05 AM
S. Huentemann

Default 10 Great Danes in Trouble !

A 2 year old girl was killed by at least 1 Great Dane in Roebuck,
Spartanburg County, South Carolina, on Thursday (10/02/03)morning. I
assume that you have already heard of this tragedy.
http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.d...310040388/1051

http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.d...0030331&Ref=AR

It seems that the owner of the dogs is one of those bad backyard
breeders. The tragedy could have been prevented by both the mother and
the breeder. I do not think that Patricia Hancock (the irresponsible
backyard breeder) has the money to pay the fines for not having her dogs
vaccinated against rabies ( $ 930.00). 10 dogs are being held at the
Spartanburg Humane Society pending investigation
(http://www.spartanburghumanesociety.com/. I do not have experience
with Great Danes, but I remember them as being gentle giants.
Please save the dogs that were not involved in the death of the little
child! The breeder should not get the dogs back!

Sincerely,
Susanne

Old October 5th 03, 06:53 AM
Tara O.

"S. Huentemann" wrote in message
[...]

I didn't see the news story but DH did. I read the two articles as well.
The dogs were kept chained out full-time, likely after the complaint of them
running loose. I think there's alot of info missing. The news coverage
originally said there were 7 Danes tied to a tree. One article says 10 and
one says 9. Either way, there is a high likelihood that the dogs not
involved in the mauling are just as unsocialized as the one(s) that were.
I'm fairly certain that the Carolina Dane rescuers are on top of this.

--
Tara

Old October 5th 03, 09:35 PM
Sionnach

I think there's alot of info missing.

The information I'm wondering about: why on EARTH was a two-year-old
playing out of doors, unsupervised, in an unfenced yard right next door to
another unfenced yard full of chained dogs- two of which were pregnant
bitches??

Either way, there is a high likelihood that the dogs not
involved in the mauling are just as unsocialized as the one(s) that were.

Yep.

Old October 6th 03, 02:51 PM
culprit

"S. Huentemann" wrote in message
A 2 year old girl was killed by at least 1 Great Dane in Roebuck,
Spartanburg County, South Carolina, on Thursday (10/02/03)morning. I
assume that you have already heard of this tragedy.

http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.d...310040388/1051

http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.d...0030331&Ref=AR

It seems that the owner of the dogs is one of those bad backyard
breeders. The tragedy could have been prevented by both the mother and
the breeder. I do not think that Patricia Hancock (the irresponsible
backyard breeder) has the money to pay the fines for not having her dogs
vaccinated against rabies ( $ 930.00). 10 dogs are being held at the
Spartanburg Humane Society pending investigation

if this had been a pit bull attack, all the dogs would probably be PTS by
now. :-(

i hope the dogs find good homes.

-kelly