Can't get weight off Dog

Old July 8th 03, 12:25 AM
Gerry

Default Can't get weight off Dog

She is a five year old Irish Water Spaniel who had to be spayed following a
womb infection. She has put on too much weight. We have been making a great
effort to restrict her to 'dog' food (mostly dry) for the past few months.
We also foster 'rescue dogs' on an ongoing basis so she gets considerable
exercise several times a day through fields and in the lake.
Still no weight loss.
We would dearly love to slim he down for her own good.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Gerry

--
The reply address is 'OK'

Old July 13th 03, 01:35 AM
GAUBSTER2

Don't bother with the "lite" and "lower calorie" dog foods.

Why not? Don't you think true LIGHT foods have reduced caloric intake?
Old July 13th 03, 01:36 AM
GAUBSTER2

She is a five year old Irish Water Spaniel who had to be spayed following a
womb infection. She has put on too much weight. We have been making a great
effort to restrict her to 'dog' food (mostly dry) for the past few months.

What exactly are you feeding her?
Old July 13th 03, 01:18 PM
sa120703

"GAUBSTER2" wrote in message
Don't bother with the "lite" and "lower calorie" dog foods.

Why not? Don't you think true LIGHT foods have reduced caloric intake?

Because they cost more money for less nutrition. Just cut back on the
food!!!!