Alcohol/boric/gentian

Old July 8th 03, 01:43 PM
Dave

Default Alcohol/boric/gentian

Hello,
I have used the alcohol/boric acid/gentian violet solution for my
lab's ears and it has worked well. I've also read where this solution
has been used on other areas...paws, for hotspots, etc. The
ingredients would appear to be rather toxic, so I'd like to ask those
who have tried it to clear up areas where the dog can lick...

Was it effective?
What precautions did you take to regarding the dog potentially
ingesting the solution?

My dog licks his paws very often...we're still investigating the
allergy issue (we know it's not mites, etc.), but I'd really like to
get the area dried out so that he's not so apt to nibble on them.

Thank you,
Dave