Say it ain't so

Old October 8th 03, 05:29 PM
Suja

Default Say it ain't so

ELB calls me up a couple of days ago, and in the course of the
conversation, lets it drop that he's getting a Boston Terrier. Puppy.
3 months old. He works full time. Shares his apartment with a roomie.
Does a fair bit of hanging out with friends and carousing. Sure that
he was yanking my chain, I did the usual, Ha Ha, suuure you are bit and
let it drop.

Called him yesterday to wish him on his birthday, and up pops the dog
again. Says he's picked out a name for her, tells me what it is. She's
coming home on Friday. I ask him what the hell he's thinking, and he
claims that the dog kind of fell into his lap. He appears to have
researched the breed, but is clueless about pretty much everything else
- no idea how to go about housebreaking, dealing with puppy nipping,
chewing, other destructive behaviors, how to train, what to feed, how
much to feed, etc. He says that if he has any questions, he'll just
pick up the phone and call me. *sigh* Somebody ought to tell him there
is a reason I don't want to deal with puppies.

On the good news front, he is a dog person, someone that most dogs
naturally trust and he has good rapport with them. His roomie is going
to be home full time for the next 3 months, so this will definitely help
with the housebreaking. As much of a non-puppy person as I am, he knows
fully well that I will be his back-up plan.

Somebody please tell me that my brother is just eeevil and having fun
with me.

Suja
P.S. Any good links will be greatly appreciated. Diane B's site and a
few others that I have routinely recommended will be going out to him.

Old October 8th 03, 06:08 PM

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Suja wrote:

Somebody please tell me that my brother is just eeevil and
having fun with me.

could he be *that* eeevil? at least he picked a nifty breed.
Bostons are great little dogs. they're terrierish enough to
be feisty but not over the top. they're small but they're
sturdy. most of the ones i've met are outgoing and have sunny
dispositions. they can be pig headed, so they take a good bit
of consistency. on the good side, they're usually pretty
resilient, so a few training mistakes won't likely do too much
damage. oh, and they're *cuuuuuuute*!

--
shelly (perfectly foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette

Old October 8th 03, 06:30 PM
Suja

shelly wrote:

could he be *that* eeevil?

Entirely possible. Since they had one good and perfect and perfectly
angelic child, my parents had to go and have ELB to balance it out.

at least he picked a nifty breed.

They're pretty cool for a small dog. Thing is, I always assumed that if
he were to get a dog, it would be big. Never actually saw him show
interest in smaller dogs at all.

Suja (in denial)

Old October 8th 03, 06:47 PM

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Suja wrote:

Entirely possible. Since they had one good and perfect and
perfectly angelic child, my parents had to go and have ELB to
balance it out.

is that what you've been telling them?

They're pretty cool for a small dog. Thing is, I always
assumed that if he were to get a dog, it would be big.
Never actually saw him show interest in smaller dogs at all.

Bostons aren't exactly "small" dogs, though.

Suja (in denial)

so, how does Khan feel about Bostons?