House training and such...

Old October 9th 03, 12:18 AM
AIMEE

Default House training and such...

I've been having a problem with my dog, Axel, relieving himself in the
house while I'm away from home. I've used TPW method's, and yesterday
I was out for 12 hours, and Axel didn't have one single "accident".
Today, I had hoped that the results would be just as good - and they
were (I was out for 11 hours).

The problem began when, as a puppy, Axel would relieve himself in the
house and I would point at the mess and tell him "NO" or "Bad Dog".
That made him afraid to relieve himself in the house or infront of me.
After I got TPW's training manual, I corrected my mishandling of these
instances. When I came home to an "accident", I would simply drop a
can near the area and ask Axel "What's that?" Then I would clean it
up - with out showing him I was the least bit upset about the mess,
and when he looked at the spot I would tell him "Good boy, you're a
good dog". This has been an ongoing problem, and thanks to the Puppy
Wizard, we've finally got it taken care of...

Also, Axel LOVES the cat's litter box...He enjoys the "snacks" he can
find in there...I followed TPW's methods by alternating sounds and
praising him while or before he sticks his nose in it, and today, he's
been going into the room with the cat box and barking. That's because
he's thinking about getting into the box, but he knows he shouldn't.

Thank you, Jerry, for all you help. You've been a blessing to all of
us.
Old October 9th 03, 07:40 AM
ke.ver

aimee , i don't quite understand : when the dog pees or poops you tell the
dog first what's that and then you tell him good boy , you're a good dog ;
what kind of training manual is TPW ? i don't see how this can help the dog
( and you )

Old October 9th 03, 07:49 AM
culprit

"ke.ver" wrote in message
aimee , i don't quite understand : when the dog pees or poops you tell the
dog first what's that and then you tell him good boy , you're a good dog ;
what kind of training manual is TPW ? i don't see how this can help the

dog
( and you )

i think "aimee" is an alias for our resident troll, who tries to push his
"training method" on people.

i wouldn't worry too much about her.

-kelly