Fun NADAC day

Old November 7th 04, 03:38 AM
Christy

Default Fun NADAC day

Wylie and I had a fun day at the NADAC show today.
We started off with a bang, 1st place Qin Elite Jumpers for his EJC. Next,
off to Novice Standard for two back to back Qs, one half and one full,
giving him 25 points towards that title. Hopefully we can finish that
tomorrow.
Then, a wonderfully goofy pair of games runs, weavers and tunnelers, both
were "clean" in that NADAC doesn't call refusals, but we were well over
time.
Then, I took him over to the ASCA Obedience ring and played in sub-novice.
We got 4th out of 4, woohoo! And that was losing the run-off for 3rd. OK, so
maybe it isn't the best idea to take a dog in the obedience ring when you've
never had a class. So he laid down on the long sit and stood up on the long
down - at least he didn't sit on the stand for exam! We lost 12 points in
the heeling section and all points in the sit/down section giving us a
whopping 88 points. It didn't help that the agility rings were right nearby,
and that several of his classmates were running right when he was supposed
to be heeling... OK, if I ever do this again, I will try training for it
first.
I've decided I'm glad we got our Novice Gamblers title back when it was a
separate class. The gambles were very hard and we didn't even bother trying,
heck the "chips" are still in my pocket. I'm not sure we'll ever make it
through Open Gamblers...

Christy

Old November 7th 04, 09:52 AM

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 02:38:01 GMT Christy whittled these words:
Wylie and I had a fun day at the NADAC show today.

That's the best way to start.

We started off with a bang, 1st place Qin Elite Jumpers for his EJC. Next,
off to Novice Standard for two back to back Qs, one half and one full,
giving him 25 points towards that title. Hopefully we can finish that
tomorrow.

Good luck!

Then, a wonderfully goofy pair of games runs, weavers and tunnelers, both
were "clean" in that NADAC doesn't call refusals, but we were well over
time.

Ah well - You have the right perspective.

Then, I took him over to the ASCA Obedience ring and played in sub-novice.
We got 4th out of 4, woohoo! And that was losing the run-off for 3rd. OK, so
maybe it isn't the best idea to take a dog in the obedience ring when you've
never had a class. So he laid down on the long sit and stood up on the long
down - at least he didn't sit on the stand for exam! We lost 12 points in
the heeling section and all points in the sit/down section giving us a
whopping 88 points. It didn't help that the agility rings were right nearby,
and that several of his classmates were running right when he was supposed
to be heeling... OK, if I ever do this again, I will try training for it
first.

hee hee

--
Diane Blackman