Update on new guy.

Old October 10th 03, 07:09 PM
Lone Hansen

Default Update on new guy.

New guy is very sweet and loving, seeks attention, wants to be petted all
the time. he is used to travelling in the car and is housebroken so he
hasn't been a yard dog all his life. He won't tolerate anything going over
his head and will growl when I put the leash on him, I ignore him and he
hasn't made any attempt to do more than growl. He is good on the leash,
walks nicely and seems to think of this as his home. He knows where he lives
and will bark when someone is at the door.

Ezra hasn't been to pleased about the whole new dog thing and will growl
if he comes to close when she is in her bed, also she growls at him if he
seeks too much attention form me. I am not having it and she get sent to her
bed when she growls. They are fine when passing in doorways and fine when in
each their bed in the same room. When in the garden they tend to ignore each
other although new guy makes a huge effort to mark where Ezra has peed.

That said New guy has taken to guard Morten, he will not allow Ezra to
seek contact with Morten. When Ezra walks up to Morten he cuts her off and
growls, he tries the same with me, but so far no luck with me, as I am not
having it, Morten finds it harder to control.
We have just been to the vets as new guy had a cough, vet suspects it is
kennel cough but could not examine him as he went for her the minute she
tried to touch him. Luckily the vet was fast so he didn't manage to bite
her. This is a problem as his second vaccinations are coming up in 2 weeks
time and he can't get them if the vet can't get close to him, nor can we go
through the micro chip thing and the pet passport thing. We have just bought
a muzzle that Morten will have to get him used to for vet visits, this will
probably turn out to be difficult due to his "nothing goes over, around or
on my head" attitude.

Well we will see what happens over the next couple of days. He is going
back to the rescue if he doesn't stop his controlling manners with Ezra, and
if he can't behave at the vets. I would hate it if we have to return him, as
I would feel it as if I have failed him, but I am not having him push Ezra
around she was here first.

Oh well he is a nice dog, so we will see if we can't get a bit of
cooperation from him.

Lone

---