How dog friendly is your town?

Old October 11th 03, 04:32 PM
Kind2dogs

Default How dog friendly is your town?

All of this talk about patting dogs, and dogs protecting a pumpkin stand and an
open shoppe,got me thinking about the area where we live.

So I have a little questionnaire.

I'll answer first. : )

What % of vehicles do you think dogs are in in your town?

I would say at least a third.

How often do you see dogs tethered outside of shoppes or restaurants?

At least a few times a day.

What stores or buildings allow you to have your dogs come in?

Book shoppes, antiques shoppes,clothing stores,hardware, EVEN THE POST OFFICE

Or what % of stores?

I would say at least 75% of the shoppes.

What businesses have dog cookies for your dogs?

Lumber yards, gas stations, bank,dog shoppes,book store, and a few bakeries.

How about water bowls on the sidewalk or in front of homes?

YES, quite a few on Main Street, one in front of a children's book shop with
dog cookies always on a place mat next to the water bowl.

I always have a large crock of water for the dogs to drink out of if they are
walking by and when they visit there is always something for them to snack on.

How many have dog shoppes catering to only dog things and dogs?

We have three here. A bakery for pups, a doggie store and of course the Famous
Black Dog Store.

Also I don't think there are very many shoppes here that does not have
something to buy for your dog.

How many have restaurants where if you eat outside you can have your dogs?

If you can eat outside your dog can join you.

Also if you are a Woods Holer your dogs can come in side quite a few places,
including the bars.

How about free running areas?

MANY, in fact most ANY public place your dogs can be free if they are under
voice control.

Any beaches the dogs can swim in year round?

Yup. AND that is SUCH A GOOD THING.

In fact we have one beach that is almost exclusively dogs.

: ) : ) : )

How many vets are in your town?

I am not sure how many vets, but there are seven different vet businesses.

How about a shelter?

Yup, and a wonderful one.

Do you feel you ACO officer is a good dog person and really wants to help the
dogs?

YES YES AND YES!!!!

A wonderful person.!!!!

Anyway I am very happy that I live in such a dog lovers haven.

Woofs

Paulette and Crew~

"The only thing about resisting temptation
is you might not get another chance"