Yet another dog sport

Old October 16th 03, 12:45 AM
Tricia9999

I don't know why people are so disdainful of flyball. Yeah, it's kind of
mindless, but it looks like so much fun.

I don't know who is disdainful. The dogs love it. The people involved love it.
I can't stand all the noise, which is partly why I stopped. I also worry about
the shoulder assembly, despite the swimmer's turn.

Old October 16th 03, 01:30 AM
Shelly & The Boys

Default Yet another dog sport

"Melanie L Chang" wrote in message
I spent the weekend in NC with a sheepdog friend and accompanied her to a
local flyball tournament. I had never seen flyball, although Solo has
been to a few classes, and had decided that nuh uh, it definitely wasn't
for me. Until last weekend.

The run-back area looks like Solo's idea of hell, so Fly is going to be
my flyball dog, if I can convince her that her job is getting the ball
and not working the other dogs.

I don't know why people are so disdainful of flyball. Yeah, it's kind of
mindless, but it looks like so much fun.

It does look like a TON of fun. I've done a few demo classes w/
Coda and he LOVES it. But...he's so crabby-ass about another dog
getting his ball that I'm afraid he might get a big snotty.
I'm just now getting to the point where Bodhi is really getting into
toys...well, okay, two toys. He loves his little red squishy fleece ball,
and goes completely crazy for the Riot Stick. Yay!
I know what you mean about another sport, though. I just joined
with a few local ladies that do tracking, and we're meeting weekly
to lay tracks for each other & track the dogs. It's great, maybe,
just maybe if I keep it up I can get Bodhi certified by springtime...
Shelly & The Boys

Old October 16th 03, 02:50 AM
Shelly & The Boys

"Melanie L Chang" wrote in message
I forgot to mention that there was a costume contest at the tournament.
I've never gotten a costume for Solo, because I can't imagine an occasion
he would enjoy that he'd need one for -- but here's Fly:

http://www.victorsteel.biz/images/Do...12-1117-13.htm

hehehe...she's cute! I've never done the costume thing with the boys
either. Coda does have a pair of reindeer antlers that we had for
Christmas photos once, but they're just silly. They have all sorts of
cute angel costumes, just once I want a good devil costume for Bodhi.
I think this year, though, I'm just going to say he's a black coyote.
Unless I can find him a cool pointy hat and use Beth's idea and say
he's the dressed-in-black Spy from Mad's Spy vs. Spy.

She didn't win though.

She doesn't look like she minds. :-)
Shelly & The Boys