Hole on side of dog

Old July 18th 03, 02:19 AM

Default Hole on side of dog

"Thomas Mitchell" wrote in message
My wife found a bald spot on our dog. The dog is a cross between a
german and australian sheperd. In the center of the bald spot is a hole
about 1/8" in diameter
The hole is very well healed over, not bloody or seeping. From this
brief description, does anyone have an idea what the cause might be?

.........Sounds like it might have been a puncture wound or where a tick was
attached.

Old July 19th 03, 10:03 PM
wolf

We just had a similar situation with our beagle/sheltie mix. On her left
side she had chewed a bald spot and there was a round raw place. She has
had problems with spider bites before and we thought this might be that.
A trip to the vet, some antibiotics, a couple days wearing a collar and
an ointment fixed her right up.

Thomas Mitchell wrote:
We will be calling the vet tomorrow regarding this issue. However, I
would like to try to find out what the cause might be asap. Searching on
the web didn't help much.

My wife found a bald spot on our dog. The dog is a cross between a
german and australian sheperd. In the center of the bald spot is a hole
about 1/8" in diameter. The area must be irritating the dog since the
bald spot is from her licking the area. My wife said the dog might have
been licking the area for a couple nights, but only now mentioned it.
The hole is very well healed over, not bloody or seeping. From this
brief description, does anyone have an idea what the cause might be? The
dog sleeps with in our bed and we are a little concerned with parasites
getting transferred to our 2year old.

thanks!
Thomas