Doggie Incontinent

Old July 20th 03, 09:26 PM
Phyllis

Default Doggie Incontinent

Hi,

I have a 9 year old chow mix. She's always been an inside dog and rarely
had accidents. The only time there were is when she had bladder infections.
They were becoming frequent so the Vet changed her food from dry to CD in a
can. She's not had an infection in over 5 years.

We've noticed lately, she is leaving wet spots and puddles where ever she
naps or sleeps. This is totally new and I wonder now if this could be age
related. We have carpet in the bedrooms and living area and I haven't a
clue what we will do. Is there medication that helps dogs when they get up
in age and have this problem? I've got an appt. with the vet on Tuesday,
but thought I would get feedback here too.

Thanks,
Phyllis
Texas

Old July 20th 03, 09:28 PM
montana

"Phyllis" wrote:

Hi,

I have a 9 year old chow mix. She's always been an inside dog and rarely
had accidents. The only time there were is when she had bladder infections.
They were becoming frequent so the Vet changed her food from dry to CD in a
can. She's not had an infection in over 5 years.

We've noticed lately, she is leaving wet spots and puddles where ever she
naps or sleeps. This is totally new and I wonder now if this could be age
related. We have carpet in the bedrooms and living area and I haven't a
clue what we will do. Is there medication that helps dogs when they get up
in age and have this problem? I've got an appt. with the vet on Tuesday,
but thought I would get feedback here too.

Thanks,
Phyllis
Texas

I'd still check for another UTI, but our old Duchess leaks and she's on
DES, which she normally gets once a week. No more leaking.
Old July 20th 03, 09:48 PM
Phyllis

Thank you! wiping brow I'm so happy to hear there's medication for this.
I'm cleaning my carpets now and moving next week to a new home. I was
thinking I'd have to rip up all the carpeting and put in wood flooring. It
will be much cheaper to put her on medication.

Old July 20th 03, 10:27 PM
Hany Hosny

Phenylpropanolamine (known also as PPA). Affordable, accessible, and
effective.

-- Hany
Visit Kiambu, Nina, and Kasha's World
http://home.earthlink.net/~rooke8/ridgebacks

Old July 20th 03, 11:39 PM
Deb

Subject: Doggie Incontinent
From: "Hany Hosny"
Date: 7/20/03 2:27 PM Pacific

Visit Kiambu, Nina, and Kasha's World
http://home.earthlink.net/~rooke8/ridgebacks

Hany, just visited your site. Love your kids! I am partial to Kasha, her story
and face really grabbed me. I have a 13 yr old golden/aussie named Shilo and
she was my Mom's. There really is something about these old dogs, isn't there?

Here's my group:

http://hometown.aol.com/modebbuh/myhomepage/photo.html

Again, enjoyed your page, your RR are gorgeous.

Deb
Shi the Survivor
Georgie the Kid-Snarker
Old July 21st 03, 12:04 AM
Hany Hosny

Thanks so much for the nice words, Deb.

I'm on my way over to visit your group!

Doggie Nicknames CaptRon Dog breeds 16 December 6th 03 07:12 PM
Urinating in house but not incontinent mountainwoman Dog health 4 July 3rd 03 11:33 PM