congratulations are in order

Old October 18th 03, 06:00 PM
culprit

Default congratulations are in order

please congratulate Manu, on being the second dog in the "culprit" household
to graduate from basic obedience. in fact, he did so well, that he'll be
joining the other pups for our class outing to Starbucks at the local mall.
after graduation, all the dogs get to go to the outdoor mall and hang out
while their people drink coffee and show off how well behaved their dogs
are. obviously Lola never got to attend this event, since being the
proximity of so many other dogs would make it totally impossible to hang
out. but Manu does really well at ignoring other dogs, so he'll be able to
make it. (yay)

on the last day of class, we played this "musical chairs" game. basically,
we walk the dogs around in a circle, and when the music stops, we give our
dogs the specified command. after the dog complies correctly, we get to
take a seat. each time there is one less seat than person, so one person is
"out". i expected Manu to be one of the first outs, but we made it to the
final four. he stayed for the "put your dog in a down-stay, walk to the
wall, release him and call him to you", which i was sure he'd flunk. the
one he couldn't get was the, "tell you dog to wait, drop a treat, then let
him get it". Manu is the most food driven dog i've ever seen. the second
that treat hit the ground, he was crawling on his belly to steal it. :-)
oh well, we tried.
the winning dog was the "totally out of control" boxer from the first class.
that dog was definitely the most improved dog in the class. he went from
jumping on everyone, all the time, to executing perfect down-stays while his
owner left the room. the trainer was suitably impressed as well. she said
a boxer had never won a game in any of her classes. ever.

anyway, just had to announce that Manu did well in his class, and we're in
search of a CGC testing facility who will let us "sit in" and practice after
the testing (there are a couple in town that do this for a small fee).
after CGC, we'll look for a therapy dog prep class. i really think he'll be
great at visiting kids, as he's so calm and solid, but we just have to work
on our basic commands a bit more, and hopefully learn some tricks.

-kelly

Old October 18th 03, 06:03 PM
Kind2dogs

Subject: congratulations are in order
From: "culprit"
Date: Sat, Oct 18, 2003 1:00 PM

while their people drink coffee and show off how well behaved their dogs
are.

And what do the pups drink? : )

Congrats much!

-kelly

Paulette~

Old October 18th 03, 06:03 PM
Kind2dogs

Old October 18th 03, 06:03 PM
Kind2dogs

Old October 18th 03, 06:03 PM
Kind2dogs

Old October 18th 03, 07:35 PM
Suja

culprit wrote:

please congratulate Manu, on being the second dog in the "culprit" household
to graduate from basic obedience. in fact, he did so well, that he'll be
joining the other pups for our class outing to Starbucks at the local mall.

Yay, Manu! Does he get a graduation gift for being such a good boy?

Suja