Cysts on Eyelids

Old July 20th 03, 10:44 PM

Default Cysts on Eyelids

"Alycerathbun" wrote in message
My 10 year old Lab keeps getting cysts on her eyelids. We have them

removed
and they keep coming back. Has anyone else had this problem and is there
something I can do to prevent them? Thanks for your help! Alyce

.......I know that in humans blepharitis can cause small clear cysts to form
on edges of eyelids.
http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/in...m/bc/30103.htm

Old July 22nd 03, 01:00 AM

"Alycerathbun" wrote in message
My 10 year old Lab keeps getting cysts on her eyelids. We have them

removed
and they keep coming back. Has anyone else had this problem and is there
something I can do to prevent them? Thanks for your help! Alyce

........Here's a good source for canine eye troubles:
http://www.eyevet.info/

.........how many times have you had this done? did your vet never send off
the tissue to a lab to have it looked at?
........some anonymous person sent me an email suggesting thyroid
malfunction could be connected to this kind of chronic problem. How is the
dog's coat? Any chronic ear problems? Hypothyroidism does affect the skin
in general:

http://www.dachshund-dca.org/Health%...nks/Thyroid_by
_Jean_Dodds.html
Dermatologic Diseases
dry, scaly skin and dandruff / coarse, dull coat / bilateral symmetrical
hair loss / rat tail, puppy coat / hyperpigmentation / seborrhea or greasy
skin pyoderma or skin infections / myxedema / chronic offensive skin odor

More from Dodds:
http://ighawaii.com/naturally/newsletter/thyroid.html
Ocular Diseases
corneal lipid deposits
corneal ulceration
uveitis
keraconjunctivitis sicca ("dry eye")
infections of eyelid gland
(meibomian gland)

........Perhaps an idea to explore......