Nipping & Biting Problem

Old October 17th 03, 12:12 AM
John L. Buchanan

Default Nipping & Biting Problem

We've got a female lab (fixed) that just turned one year old earlier this
month. All-in-all she's been a very loving member of the family that also
includes a one year old male (fixed) we got from a rescue organization about
three months ago. And, the two dogs get along just great. However, the lab
for many months has been nipping at my wife for attention, or when she gets
scolded, which naturally scares my wife. And, I think the dog knows it as
up until the other day she's never done this to me. But, just the other day
when I tried to put her outside she almost took a bite at me. I had
initially called her to get up from her bed and when she didn't make a move
I grabbed her by the collar and that's when she almost bit me.

After this occurred, it's got me very concerned about what to do. Like a
lot of folks, we have various visitors and some have small children. Any
suggestions on how to correct this behavior would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

All the best...JB