Leah's Update

Old October 22nd 03, 06:34 AM
Leah

Default Leah's Update

Well I'm back, but I'm not sure I'm staying.

After functioning well for over a year, I had a slight eye infection that
cleared up in a few days. However, it seemed to sink me back into the chronic
fatigue. It was all I could do the last month or so to make it to work and
back, and didn't have the energy to do anything more than play mindless
computer games and sleep. I had to abort Madigan's class. My grass is 3'
high, my house is filthy, but I've been able to keep up at work. I didn't even
have the energy to eat, and dropped about 10 pounds. (Not a bad thing - if I
wasn't going to hit 49 this year, I'd be able to get back into a bikini. :}

Anyway, I seem to be recovering now. I have to get back to working on the
Speaking Dog workshop - people are interested in it.

The girls are fine, though under-e*ercised. (Dead key.) They haven't been to
the park and I haven't been able to play frisbee. I was able to play with
Madigan a little today, but it will be a while before I have the chance to get
back to the park. Got a lot of cleaning up to do.

We've made some progress with McTavish. The crate is on the desk in the
office, his litter bo* is inside it and his food dish on top of it. The door
is left open, and after a few aborted attempts, the girls have learned they are
not allowed to jump into it. So he has his space. When the girls are in the
room, he hangs on the desk beside me. But he's not yet allowed to get on the
floor, and they freak when he moves or meows. He's the laziest, most
affectionate cat I've ever known. When MacKenzie or Murphy are alone with him,
they're fine. But the one who lived with a cat before - Madigan - gets all
e*cited, and gets the others all e*cited. If I leave the room, I close the
door. He's pretty happy, but I'm sure he'd like the run of the house. Maybe
some day. At least it's better than living in the back room by himself.

Work is going very well. It's much busier in the new location, and the people
are different. Not as many bubbas. I have real life trainers to talk to now
(instead of just cyber-trainers. :} Never a dull minute. I made the mistake
of scheduling 16 classes a week, and they almost all get enrollments. So no
wonder I'm tired. :} But the e*perience is awesome. I'm getting a bit more
confident, especially since I have somebody now to refer to when I have tough
cases. I gave an intermediate class that I developed, and it worked out very
well. The dogs learned a lot, and are much more ready for advanced than fresh
out of basic.

The sad news is that one of the puppies in my class died. Porthos the beagle
got sick on the way back from being boarded at the vet. The scary thing is
that the vet doesn't know yet if it was lepto or a to*in he ate. His brother
Puzzle, who was also in class, didn't get sick - so hopefully it's not lepto.
It's almost unheard of in this area. Anybody know the incubation period for
lepto? He skipped a class before he got sick, so wasn't in the classroom for
two weeks prior.

So that's what's going on in my world. If I'm not back again for a while, it's
because I'm trying to play catch up with my life. Or I may stick around.
Dunno yet. :}

PetsMart Pet Trainer
My Kids, My Students, My Life:
http://hometown.aol.com/dfrntdrums/m...age/index.html
Last updated June 27 at 10:00 a.m.

Old October 22nd 03, 10:17 PM
FurPaw

Leah wrote:
Well I'm back, but I'm not sure I'm staying.

Geez, Leah, I'm so sorry to hear that the CFS came back. You really seemed
to be doing very well for quite a while. Your new workplace sounds much
better for you, too. It sounds like you're back on the upswing, so I hope
you get your energy back quickly.

FurPaw

--
Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.

To reply, unleash the dog.