How do you know?

Old October 19th 03, 08:45 AM
Cin

Default How do you know?

Hi everyone, i just have a sad question to ask. How do you know when it is
time to put your dog to sleep? I think it is getting very close for my old
boy. He is 13 and over the last few weeks has just gone down hill so fast.
He is eating his own pooh, he has a problem and cant digest his food, i just
found a tumour on him (only small but has doubled size in a few days) he has
cancer in the belly and has other lumps all over him. He has arthritis and
never wants to go for walks anymore (a few months back he would go down two
or 3 houses and come home, it wasnt much but it was something).

Our other dog (3 year old bulldog) is fighting with him so much. We just got
him a new bed and corner to sleep in inside to make things a bit nice for
him.

We are going to the vets tomorrow to get the tumour looked at, he wants to
operate on him tomorrow. I am scared that he wont make it through the
operation, that he is just going to be in more pain then he is now.

Please, can someone tell me what they did in this situation? My boy is my
life and i dont want him to suffer anymore then he is.

I really wish dogs lived 80 years like us...

Cin

--

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~ccollings/

We really never lose the ones we love...
They live forever within our hearts.

They say a man isn't dead unless he is forgotten, my brother will never be
forgotten

When a baby is born the angels weep and humans rejoice. When a loved one
dies, humans weep, but the angels rejoice."